Mortgage Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Payment

Our budget is so tight. And yes, I did overspend at Christmas--my fault. My second job has picked up. It's hard to tell how that's going. My income from last year was the same, but most of the income came before October so during Nov, Dec and early Jan I had a lot less from the second job. Unfortunately we were relying on that income and it's not guaranteed income like full time jobs usually are.

I am getting excited because the mortgage is down under $7,000! 9 months to go and it's paid off. That will give us about $700 more a month ($200/month needs to be set aside for property taxes I didn't include that in the $700) We have the home equity line of credit to pay off and I really want it to be paid off before our Chapter 13 is completed. Therefore my original plan was to put the $700 a month into the HELOC. But our budget is so tight I need to pick an amount "minimum" to on that loan and then if we have a little more then we put a little more on it.

October hits us at about the half way mark of 5 yrs! Maybe I should aim to pay it off in 2 yrs so at least it's paid BEFORE we are discharged.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

I think you will decide what works best for you without putting yourself in an uncomfortable position. I'm glad you're second job has picked up . Congratulations as you get close to the mortgage payoff.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X