Got an appointment to file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an appointment to file

After I’ve been talking and worry about bankruptcy for over a year, I am finally going in on the 24th to file. I have dropped off all my paperwork and it was massive. I guess we will go over the numbers when I meet with them to file. I’m just worried about what will be required to pay each month. My husband’s paycheck is all over the place and sometimes it is high and sometimes low. He hasn’t worked at all this week due to the rain. I’ve been so scared for so long that I’m hoping filing will give me some peace. I welcome any good advice and help to get through this. Goodness knows, I have tried to find a way to qualify for chapter 7, but we just don’t.

The initial stages were very humbling. Laying everything on the table and seeing it was overwhelming. My attorney at first was incredible. He explained everything and walked me through the process. He handled the payment plan which I could afford and off to court we went. There were mixed emotions terrified, feeling like a failure but I had never been to court for anything. After that it was just a payment that had to be made and I promised myself there was no way I wasn't going to get it done. I never once heard from the trustee during the 5 year plan. I really just lived my life on a cash basis and faired pretty well. Now getting out has been an entirely different thing and seeing you are from NC my fingers are crossed that you aren't filing in Eastern NC which is slower than syrup running uphill. Take it all in stride we all make mistakes and this is something in place to help you get out from under the burden of never ending debt. Best of luck to you and your husband.

Comment

Skyoumans how did it go?

leemo1980
      Oh you said NC is slow? I’ll be filing in the Eastrrn district. Can you tell me your experience?

Comment

CTSMOM sorry I didn't respond I never checked back in this thread. As far as my experience it wasn't horrible. Obviously it was tough in the beginning but once I got past the court portion it was smooth sailing. I never heard from the trustee or my attorney. Now here's the bad part. I made my last payment in Feb 2019 and my discharge was in june or july (can't really remember). However my case still hasn't closed. I've posted several times about it and at this point I am completely beside myself. I can't do anything until my case closes so I am still in bankruptcy without the payment 72 months in on a 60 month plan. I call every few days and I get the same run around. I hope and pray you catch them in a good cycle and once you get to the end its a quick discharge and close.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response. I’m scheduled for my 341 meeting next month. I hope you get some help. That’s ridiculous! There is no excuse to drag it out that long. 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by CTSMOM View Post
            Skyoumans how did it go?

leemo1980
            Oh you said NC is slow? I’ll be filing in the Eastrrn district. Can you tell me your experience?
            I signed my paperwork and sent in my first payment to chapter 13 office along with 60 days paystubs, 2019 tax returns and last mortgage statement. I have a phone interview with trustee office on March 27th and then 341 meeting on April 6th. I just hope they do not want more money.

Im in middle district NC. It sounds like Eastern district is very slow. Hope you get this worked out soon!

Comment

I totally understand how hard it is on an emotional basis. I had a very difficult time with it as did my husband. Once it's filed/confirmed there is so much LESS stress in your life. But there is still stress in a different and to me more manageable way. It's not easy to learn to live on a cash budget and you have to make choices. There was a learning curve and still is to an extent. We are two years in at the end of this month. In our case the BK was necessary, no other way to get our life back on track. It's not easy, but it is making life better.
              I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

@ Carmella - you're getting closer to the halfway point..that's great...the last half goes quickly..
                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X