Chapter 13 and tax return question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 and tax return question

Hi everyone, Husband and I filed October last year and plan was confirmed Dec/Jan, I can’t fully remember it has all been a blur. We are in the 3 yr plan with a very decent payment. We have been able to save a small amount 200$ +\- month, which is a huge blessing.
    my question is I have a huge dental bill coming up (three crowns, three fillings and possible implant) I was quoted 3500-4000 for it all. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia type 1 and 2(damaged nerves in face) that was partly caused by a broken root canal tooth removed. I also have TMD. I am in severe pain 24/7. I had to have two lower molars removed on my right side and the left side I can’t chew anything but soft foods. I have lived with this for 4 yrs and maybe have a chance at eating normally, I have been terrified to have any form of dental work, cleaning hurt for close to a month later. I am not even sure I am going to go through with the dental, but they won’t take payments and my dental insurance coverage is really good. also the dentist is saying I have maybe a year tops before I would have to pull the three teeth needing crowns.

Is it possible to ask for our tax return this year and give it to the trustee the 4th year? My lawyer told me when I asked what would happen if there was a emergency and we needed say our payment amount, he said there isn’t any sort of emergency that he would ask the trustee for that to happen. Needless to say I really don’t want to ask if the majority is no. I can’t see anyone waiting for 3 years with medical/ dental or house emergencies, when we can’t get any kind of help.
    I am sorry for the novel, didn’t want to say I need it for dental and not have a reason. It’s also well documented and can provide proof if needed.
    thank you for the help.

If you are required to turnover to your Trustee your tax refunds then not doing so without a stipulation between you and the Trustee will be a problem.

In the past I have worked out agreements with the Trustee to allow the client to divert a portion of the refund - however, to make up for the diversion either the Plan length had to be increased or the Plan payments had to go up.

Your attny, if he/she is any good, should know exactly how to handle this situation in your district.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X