No announcement yet.

Trustee Motion To Raise Current Payment By More Than 50%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbisi I don't know if I ever said BK 13 was the best thing. All I know is that is saving us from losing our home, cars and paying off creditors that we were in over our head. So it is a positive thing for us in that regard, letting us start over. All the stress/trials that happen during these 5 yrs, I keep saying are our "penance." Helps us to get through it anyway. I am not thrilled about paying 100% back because honestly it is so hard and I really wonder if it's a fair amount of our income to be without and survive. But we have survived almost 2.5 yrs and I just think if we didn't do BK we would still be struggling with a lot more stress. And my comment about paying back 100% was a little tongue in cheek since they can't up our payment as I understand it since we have 60 months to pay it off. Now if we win the powerball or something I would contact the attorney and just ask to pay off immediately. But I don't see that happening any time soon LOL! Besides we don't play powerball or the lottery.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Carmella, it's so unfair that you guys have to pay 100% back, esp. when it seems you have to struggle so much to do it!
      In our case because of the mortgage, we never could have paid back the entire amount owed, because our monthly payment would have been $2200-2500 every month from the beginning. And now, with only 18 months to go, this trustee would have to charge us something like 6K monthly to get to that full amount.
      You shouldn't feel you deserve this bad luck or that you should do penance. I feel buying a shoddy house we couldn't afford to fix up was both bad timing and a lousy mistake since Colorado has been a hugely unreasonable place to live since about 2014 (when cannabis became the #1 reason to move here). I only wish I had refused to go along with my husband, who wanted to buy a house and stay here. We could have continued to rent or better yet, moved away then.
      I often fantasize about paying off the whole amount and ridding myself of this yoke, but like you , we don't play the lottery either! (We would probably only win enough to keep paying the entire time while almost paying the creditors in full -like jb said, in this game only the trustee and creditors ever win!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X