top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if we qualified for a credit union line of credit, could it be used for car repairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    Other than the fact that a debtor sends in a copy of his/her tax filing, the Chapter 13 Trustee isn't doing anything. They don't have as much power as one would think and they are not watching every case. I don't know of any Chapter 13 Trustee to run a debtor's credit. The Trustees can only use the power of subpoena to obtain documents and that generally would require an order of the court. They do have the power to "request" documents from the debtor but can then go to the court to compel the production of those documents.

The moral of the story is to not get on the Trustee's radar or bad side. While they don't like spending an inordinate amount of time on any single case, those cases deserving special attention will receive it.
    In other words, if we ask for it, we'll get it, right? LOL!!

Comment

Another reason I asked is, occasionally we get these postcards in the mail saying, "as part of Colorado law, we are required to notify you of ... bla bla bla... and there were 2 (or any number) of negative results on your credit report". We may need to look into this; we assumed, yeah, it's the bankruptcy, duh. But why are we getting this postcard about it? Who's pulling a soft (or hard) credit check? We aren't doing anything with credit, so, what's going on? We can check our credit report for free, according to the postcard. We will probably do that, but we can also go to 'Annual Credit Report dot com' as well, which is never listed on these postcards. Maybe it's because I paid the water bill late, I don't know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X