Confirmation Hearing Continued twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation Hearing Continued twice

My confirmation hearing has been continued twice because the trustee wasn't happy with how much I was paying and felt my disability insurance wasn't stable. Now I'm loosing disability and going back to work full time at a new job (I was on reduced time while on disability) so my income will change. I called my Lawyer and apparently the trustee will want to see a few months of stable income. That won't be until the fall because I'll need to show what my benefits will cost me and there is a 90 day waiting period at my new job. My question to you all is how many times have you had your confirmation hearing continued and how long did it take you to get confirmed? I'm worried it looks like it will be a year into this process before I get confirmed. I'm making my payments on time every month and right now they are affordable.

I would not lose sleep over this. The point of fact is that each case is different. Your case has an issue with showing "stable" income hence the delay in confirmation. Unusually, maybe - but certainly not unheard of. Once your income has stabilized and you are able to provide a budget that supports the Plan payment you should be fine. I see nothing "wrong" with the delay so long as you stay current with your Trustee. Allow the process to work for you.

Des.

Comment

Thank you Des!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X