Just made the monthly payment; 5 payments remaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, flashoflight!
    If my car wasn't 18 years old (in 2022) and didn't already have more 200K miles on it and is currently worth only $300 in 2021, I think fixing it up and keeping it running would make a lot of sense. As Zombie 13 mentioned, we have spent about $8,000 to keep both cars going since COVID-19 hit. Imagine having that 8K to put toward a car newer than a 2013 (my husband's vehicle)! Normally, everything you've said about BK13 is sound and reasonable, but we have been living through purgatory these last four and a half years , unlike most debtors.
    The shock wave treatments to allow me to walk better and for a longer time will cost about $750. (Luckily we are able to save up HSA funds to pay for them.) A surgery (or two) would cost thousands, even with our met deductible.
    Being able to work out as I once did is a financial privilege that only affluent locals are supposed to have, not a BK13 right. But like everything that happened since 4/26/16 (when my mother exited this world), all I can do is persevere and hope once this miserable chapter of my life ends, I can wave bye, bye to Colorado and more than a decade of bad memories and soul-crushing disappointment.
    I know you were able to refinance your home where you want to stay after BK13 finally ends for you. I hope your bankruptcy continues to go smoothly and your trustee continues to leave you alone!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X