No announcement yet.

Shockwave Treatments for Latest Colorado Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbisi you are a trooper yourself pulling through the medical stuff like a pro.

I haven't posted my "medical" issues which are actually Dental problems. I did put off going to the dentist because I knew I had problems and I knew everytime I went it was outrageous costs and I didn't have money or credit at this point! I also find nice/good dentist who abruptly retire. Hopefully the cute "little girl" I am seeing now keeps working to get me through the worst of it.

I broke a tooth near the front and figured it was time to face the music and since I have my second job back and DH is working a little over time we have more $. To my surprise this new dentist office I tried is very good/proactive and in tune to the financial strain of dental care.

She helped me come up with a realistic game plan. I have already had two fillings and a third filling which is on a crown (under it or however) she was able to patch it and said it usually works. My next procedure is a cap which I was so surprised since other dentists have always been root canal, etc especially for the back teeth. The cap will only cost me around $375. I have another broken tooth in the back she said it can be pulled and that I don't need to replace it since that top last tooth isn't really used for anything oddly enough. She also found my wisdom tooth up above the broken tooth. I knew I had one in there, other dentist told me I only had 3. I saw it on the surround around 360 xray. At first she suggested an oral surgeon to take out that broken tooth and take a look at the wisdom tooth up above. I asked at my next visit because I thought if it's not broke why fix it and go digging through my gums up high. She thought and then said that since they were in there, they would probably just take it. I haven't had any pain in that tooth even with the molar being broken so she will just pull it out.

By the end of the year I want the cap and that molar pulled. And I will have a cleaning done. I will need to save up for an implant for the broken tooth near the front.

I also have a few other problems like my crown that broke way back when and I couldn't get it replaced.

Aside from the teeth that are bad, the bad ones are really bad, but the rest of them are in great shape--go figure!

I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Wow, Carmella, I can really relate to your dental woes because in addition to the ankle and shoulder- re-injuries /flareups, I had to have a tooth pulled in 2018, and got lucky in 2019 when my husband got $$$$ in severance after his Jan.2019 layoff :I was able to pay cash(and also use insurance coverage to get bone grafting done with United Healthcare in April and later in the year with the new Cigna insurance,) I was able to get the actual implant done. The total cost to us was around $4500 (with the special crown for the implant), and we saved all medical receipts and got letters from the very kind oral surgeon and regular dentist stating that the bone grafting and implant procedure and was in fact medically necessary to show to the trustee in case he demanded that part of the extra severance money we received. We did inform the lawyer about the severance package, but he didn't actually inform the trustee at that time, and we heard nothing until July 2020 when the trustee attempted to raise our payment by 100%.
      I really hope you can get all those compromised teeth fixed or replaced soon - you deserve good oral health too! You are so brave to endure that!
      Thank you for your kind words of encouragement - I'm not a saintly trooper (I complain too much LOL), but I'm tired of all these procedures -MRIs, cortisone shots, the above mentioned dental implant, a partial hysterectomy (just one year ago!), and of course the ongoing shockwave treatments!
      I'm ready to be more fit, and free of all these ailments in a milder and nicer climate that I actually enjoy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X