Chapter 13 residence issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 residence issue

Here's certainly an interesting one... what do you do in a Chapter 13 plan when you're not permanently at a residence yet.

Currently I moved out of my previous residence where my plan was confirmed and into a new house with my significant other, where I would change my address to match my plan. Ever since my Chapter 13 Bankruptcy my girlfriend has a difficult time accepting my financial situation (rightfully so) even though she plays a part in why I'm in this mess. I'm not going to go into irrelevant details, but what do I do if I don't have a proper mailing address or expenses taken out? Should I contact my lawyer and let him know about this? I'm still making my payments, I'm still thankfully working. Just sort of staying here and there..... I don't have my own place yet due to:

A.) I don't have the resources for a place since I've invested it into this place with her.
    B.) I can't finance anything or get anyone to approve an apartment for me, so finding a roommate is ideal.

Just have to keep one foot in front of the other. Special thanks to everyone on this forum that helps others. God bless.

I don't have an answer, but it is always best to contact your attorney. Do you have any place your mail can go? Is a post office box an option?

I think your post is saying that you are not living with your girlfriend anymore and staying in different places. Are you signed into a lease with your girlfriend?

Do contact your attorney they are the most educated/familiar with your case and trustee and can point you in the right direction. Maybe they have some suggestions on how to find a place to live or know of apartments that might be more willing to rent to those in BK.

Be careful looking for apartments if you go off the beaten path there are a lot of scams out there like people claiming to own property, take your down payment and then there is no property (false address). A friend's son is having problems finding a place, he has financial issues and bad credit, etc and keeps coming across scams since he doesn't qualify for the more typical apartment buildings.

I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

• mclawdawg
      mclawdawg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your help.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X