Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Done....

My Ch 13 was the result of stupidity on my part. $100000 in cc debt. Filed 03/2017, should be discharged next month. A little over a year into payments I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to be the sole beneficiary on a life insurance policy that allowed me to modify my plan from 66% to 100% and pay it off in a lump sum. The motion for discharge has been filed by my attorney, my DSO form signed, class done. Just waiting on the judge to sign off on it and my wage garnishment to stop.

My heartfelt sympathy for your loss and I'll also say congratulations on the discharge. It is definitely not the way I would want to payoff a Chapter 13 early, but it helps to relieve some of the stress and emotions related to grieving.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Congrats on winning your freedom back early but also as justbroke says, I send my deepest sympathy for your loss- money can never take the place of your lost loved one, but it can grant you some peace and room to grieve properly.
      Best of luck on moving forward in your life out of BK13 and with out your loved one!

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your loved one, but way to go paying off your case. Hopefully it won't take to long. Congratulations and good luck as you start your life debt free.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I agree with the others that it's unfortunate and you have my sympathy for your loss. It is a wonderful gift that you can pay off the Chapter 13 and start over debt free without the uncertainty of living with the "what if's" for the next several years..what if there is an emergency, loss of job, etc. You can honor your loved one by handling money more responsibly, I am not criticizing you past mistakes, but saying live, learn and don't repeat the past. My husband and I did not handle money responsibly as we should have.

Comment

Congrats on your discharge coming sooner! Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X