Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notification to creditor

I filed my Chapter 13 in May, 2018. Pay Pal was sent notification to an address in Atlanta. They stopped contacting me and I received no other mail from them. I did Google the address and it is an address for Pay Pal but there are also others listed. They did not file a proof of claim. I received a statement from them this week advising that I owe them the money. I called them and they say they were never notified. The notification was sent to known address for paypal. They say this is not where bankruptcy notifications are sent. I have contacted my attorney and she is not concerned but I am. Should I be?

Is your attorney going to contact Pay Pal and warn them against violating the automatic stay?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

She told me to send them all of the information and she would take it from there. She said that I was not to call them back as Pay Pal instructed. She did mention that they had violated the stay but I am a worrier. My guess is she will give them the opportunity to correct the mistake and if not will pursue.

Comment

You just leave it in her hands...if she mentioned they had violated the stay she will let them know what's what. Don't worry..sounds like you're in good hands.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X