Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch.13 Base Plan vs All Creditors Paid Off Early

Question; I only owe $600 more to creditors and the trustee is sitting on almost $3000 in extra funds paid, will the Trustee typically refund and close my BK13 early (still have 8 months of 60 month plan left)? Or do I continue to pay and the trustee give me a heap of a refund?

One creditor did not file a claim, so I assume this is why the base is higher than the actual owed to creditors.

Lawyer was not sure, so I am poking around for answers. Only thing that will remain is my mortgage for these remaining months and the extra $1500 would go??

Thanks for any guidance!

In a 100% Plan, once you have paid all allowed claims (including the administrative claim of the trustee) your case will end. The trustee, upon completing the final accounting, will return any remaining funds to you.

Des.

Comment

Are you paying back 100% of allowed claims? In my neck of the woods, I've seen debtors paying at less than 100% pay off a few months early, file motions for early discharge and trustee made them wait until their 60 months was up. I paid off a month early in November '18 before the 11/18 monthly disbursement went out and my trustee disbursed that payment in December, after my 60 months ended. It could be different in your district. I've learned with my discharge and on this forum that its different from district to district how its done.
      Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X