Closing proedures help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    This is 100% in the Trustee's hands and your attorney can only say "the trustee is wrapping it up." I don't know if your Trustee filed the notice of plan completion (which triggers a bunch of things), but until that's done, and then the final checks, and then the 30-60 days for check clearance, and then the final audit and report... we remain at the mercy of the office of the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee. The notice of plan completion, at least, will usually trigger the vacating of the wage deduction order. If they take another chunk from your next paycheck then you should apply more pressure on your attorney to apply pressure on the Trustee. They took over $13,000 from my paycheck before it stopped! (Yes, I received a refund over $14,000.)
    Per PACER none of this has happened. There has been no activity since my personal financial management courses were done in mid June.

Comment

Technically speaking, the debtor's attorney gets them confirmed and the rest is on the Chapter 13 Trustee. At the end, however, the debtor's attorney will work with the Chapter 13 Trustee as necessary to make sure certain documents are provided upon request from the Trustee.

Your attorney can't do anything until the Chapter 13 Trustee files the Notice of Plan Completion. What does the NDC say as to the status?

I hope that it starts to move along and the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee didn't drop the ball.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

What does the NDC say as to the status?

I hope that it starts to move along and the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee didn't drop the ball.
        NDC still shows as Active-Open.

I hope trustee didn't drop the ball either. I keep looking at my mortgage website for activity and a payment was made last week, but why the case is remaining open just to pay the mortgage is what I'm failing to understand. Anyway, I'm done thread-jacking.

Comment

You are in Ohio and I think that's the strange district (State) where confirmation starts the 60-month clock. I would confirm that with my attorney. It appears that the Chapter 13 Trustee thinks the case is still active.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You are in Ohio and I think that's the strange district (State) where confirmation starts the 60-month clock. I would confirm that with my attorney. It appears that the Chapter 13 Trustee thinks the case is still active.
            Even if everything has been paid back 100%? I thought it only had to stay open the full 60 months if we were in a less than 100% plan.

I hope that is not the case. We weren't confirmed until February 2018, 7 months after we started making payments.

Comment

Don't quote me on that... but I only thought Ohio had a special condition. However, if you already paid back 100% of all allowed unsecured claims, then I agree that it should have stopped. I'd bother my attorney again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X