Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation

My confirmation hearing is tomorrow and I logged on Pacer and it shows only some of my creditors filed a claim totaling only 15K. I also have $1000 in priority claims. This is significantly less than I owed. The trustee has been being a jerk to me and I’m not on a 💯 plan but he can’t make me pay more than these have claimed, right? I realize I’ll have whatever I owe the lawyer and trustee added to priority claim, but is there something I’m missing here? My lawyer suggested $250 dollar payments and for 60 months that’s 15K. Honestly at this point I don’t mind it being a 💯 plan and even paying 300-400 for whatever the lawyer and trustee will charge, but unless I’m completely missing something, it can’t possibly be more than that, right?

I can't answer your question because I don't know your claims bar date. That date is set to be 90 days from your 341 Meeting. In many districts, the first "preliminary" (or first) confirmation hearing will be much earlier than that date. Governmental entities get 180 days to file a claim.

So, unless your claims bar date has passed, this cannot be answered.

(There are some junk debt buyers that file at the last minute... last day.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X