Consent release to talk to mortgage lender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consent release to talk to mortgage lender

I received a telephone call from my mortgage lender reporting they need to talk to me but could not tell me why. They reported they need a release to talk to me from my attorney. I didn't know they needed a release which was weird to me, it also what could they want. My anxiety always gets the best of me and when someone says they can't tell you something, I think it just makes it that much worse. Any ideas? Hopefully, the release will be in this week and I can find out.

If you are in an active bankruptcy then they are not allowed to talk to you... because you are represented by an attorney. They probably want to talk about a potential modification of the loan.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The bank my car loan was at was not allowed to tell me a pay off balance without getting permission from the attorney. Maybe it depends on the bank? My mortgage bank always talked to me no problem and my other car loan never had a problem talking to me. ????
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X