Chapter 13 Filed, freaking out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shipo View Post
    During my five year Chapter 13 I got one promotion, six raises and seven bonuses, no one change was more than 9% (10% seems to be a common trigger point), and over the course of the bankruptcy, my income increased roughly 40%, even still, my payment didn't change. The only time the Trustee got more than the plan was when I got a large tax return and he asked for everything over $1,250.
    You are just coming in hot with good news today, so thank you. I've calmed down and wrapped my head around everything and re-realized I'm forunate enough to be in a better spot than people in my life who have filed a chapter 13, and given worst case scenarios I'll survive. So thank you and everyone else who's been replying here!

Comment

I'm not sure if adjusting my 401(K) withholdings impacted what the Trustee did or not, but each year during my bankruptcy, I dialed up my contribution which effectively kept my net income flat; over the five years my tax returns were all within $1,000 of my first return from when I filed.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

The problem is $60,000, for me is living pay check to paycheck, I live in Texas and if I find out that my payment for CH13 is too
        high than I will just wait until I can file for a Ch 7. I filed a Ch 7 back in 2018 and back in trouble again but with cost of my rent doubling from $865 to almost $1,600, had buy a new car which is $635 for a Honda, cost of ever rising food and everything else I’m not going to pay some ridiculous amount for 5 years! Best to wait, try and save money and file for Ch 7 here in a few years.
        Not much creditors can do here!

Comment

Originally posted by alaska708 View Post
          The problem is $60,000, for me is living pay check to paycheck, I live in Texas and if I find out that my payment for CH13 is too
          high than I will just wait until I can file for a Ch 7. I filed a Ch 7 back in 2018 and back in trouble again but with cost of my rent doubling from $865 to almost $1,600, had buy a new car which is $635 for a Honda, cost of ever rising food and everything else I’m not going to pay some ridiculous amount for 5 years! Best to wait, try and save money and file for Ch 7 here in a few years.
          Not much creditors can do here!

Ya it's definitely getting more expensive out here. I'm in the DFW area and rent has gone up quite a bit. Thankfully we're a duel income, no kids household with no plans to have any. So that and splitting rent and car 50/50 makes things a lot more affordable.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X