Spousal permission in IL for Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spousal permission in IL for Chapter 13

Hello everyone on this forum. I had a previous success with a 60 month 100% 13 which ended back in 2015. Due to many circumstances including my own bad judgements etc I will be filing a second Chapter 13 in the next month or two. Due to my income I already know it will be similar 100% 60 month to the previous. Like my last filing it was only me without my spouse. That time she did know I was filing and outside of her tax forms and pay stubs she never needed to sign or approve anything. One firm I'm working with is telling me now that they need spousal approval to proceed even though she has nothing in the BK. Can anyone confirm particularly in Illinois that this is now really the case. I know it will be rough to keep it a secret no matter what but initially i need it to be that way. Thanks in advance for any input.

Originally posted by jlieb35 View Post
    One firm I'm working with is telling me now that they need spousal approval to proceed even though she has nothing in the BK.
    I have never heard of such a thing as needing the "permission" of a non-filing spouse. Might I suggest talking to other attorneys in your area to confirm (or refute) what this one is telling you? If this attorney's info is wrong, go with a different one. If the info is correct, at least you will know.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X