Response from Mortgage Company Final Cure Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Response from Mortgage Company Final Cure Payment

My mortgage company responded today to the Final Cure Payment. It stated I owed $900 in fees, charges and/or escrow. It says first became due 5-1-2023. Will the trustee throw my case out? or will I have an opportunity to make a payment. April will make my 60th month. I am very worried. I sent an email to my attorney but I probably won't get a response until next week. Not sure what the $900 is for. I paid the mortgage for April on March 31st. Any insight?

Those fees were likely incurred post-petition to file the proof of claim and not part of your mortgage payment except for the escrow shortage. It's a lot of work to challenge the fees and you could be digging yourself a bigger hole. If you cause the lender to incur legal fees, they will add more to your balance owed. I would plan on paying the $900 and get your discharge. The portion that goes to escrow will not be money wasted.

Comment

flashoflight Thank you for your response. I paid the $900. Hoping to just move forward at this point and that my discharge is right around the corner.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X