Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost there...

Hey All,

This sub has been a wealth of information. I have a question for the resident pros.

It looks like we are almost at the finish line on our Chapter 13 journey. We just received the "Notice of Application for Entry of Discharge" from the US Bankruptcy Court.

I don't see a final audit from the Trustee in PACER, but I do see a Trustee's Notice of Unclaimed Dividend​. Can the Trustee still come back and object to the discharge or can I start to breathe again?

Filed: 04/20/18
    Final Payment Received by Trustee: 03/23/23
    Notice of unclaimed dividends filed by Trustee: 04/24/23​
    Notice of Application for Entry of Discharge: 05/08/23
    Last edited by EmmaPeel007; 05-13-2023, 03:58 PM.

Just heard from our attorney. That's just what he filed. Still need to wait a bit.

Comment

The waiting is always hard! Soon you will be free!!
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Thanks, Carmella! ​I'm in California, so even though we made our last payment in March 2023 I still have a couple months to go

Notice of Application for Entry of Discharge: 05/08/23​​​​

Comment

Just an update for reference in case anyone searches these forums in the future. The Trustee just filed their final report and account yesterday. Getting closer! If all keeps moving forward this way, we should hopefully discharge in August.

Notice of Application for Entry of Discharge: 05/08/23​​​​​
          Trustee Filed Final Report and Account​: 06/09/23
          Last edited by EmmaPeel007; 06-10-2023, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Your discharge should come any day. Congratulations!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke thanks so much! From what I read, here in California there's 30 days for objections to the Trustee's final report. So I'm just baking in additional time and hoping that we will be done in August.

Comment

The latest for historical purposes:

Trustee Filed Final Report and Account​: 06/09/23​
                Declaration Re Non-Receipt of Objections to Trustees Final Report: 07/14/23

Hopefully discharge is soon with the close to follow. Guessing we should be done by the end of August.

Comment

What a journey.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Getting closer. More filings last Friday.

Notice of Application for Entry of Discharge filed by Debtor: 05/08/23​​​​​
                    Notice of Intent to File Trustee's Final Report and Account filed by Trustee​: 06/09/23​
                    Declaration Re Non-Receipt of Objections to Trustees Final Report filed by Trustee: 07/14/23
                    Chapter 13 Standing Trustee's Final Report and Account Filed by US Bankruptcy Court: 07/14/23

Looking forward to Discharge in a couple weeks and then the Close 14 days after.

Comment

Wow, it's moving along. It's a great feeling to finish a Chapter 13. It's an arduous journey and you had the mettle to complete that journey. Bravo!

Comment

Thanks so much, jb! I think it was a combination of a truly great lawyer, understanding family support, and sheer luck that we made it through without any massive pitfalls. We were even able to refinance our mortgage at a super low interest rate. Just kept our heads down and stayed within budget.

This board is such a wonderful resource and all you mods are super helpful. I want to make sure I added some additional data for those who live in California so they know what to expect and how long it takes at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel007 View Post
                          Just an update for reference in case anyone searches these forums in the future. The Trustee just filed their final report and account yesterday. Getting closer! If all keeps moving forward this way, we should hopefully discharge in August.

Trustee Filed Final Report and Account​: 06/09/23
                          Your notes from the past have been very helpful. Also in CA here with a similar timeline, and its helped give me patience lol. Just wanted to say thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X