Paying off Early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying off Early

Has anyone paid off their Chap 13 early? We are in less than 100% payback with 5 more months of our 60 months. Some very serious health issues make it so it would be much easier if we could pay off early. Lawyer who took over firm has now ghosted us for 3 weeks so we are shooting in the dark

It is possible. YOur attorney needs to ask the Chapter 13 Trustee for a "payoff" request. If they come back with 100% then it's a no-go. If they come back with the difference between your Plan Base (you can get that from the NDC) and what you've paid in, then that may be a good choice if it's a manageable amount.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well if the Attorneys office would either return calls or Emails we would be all set. This Attorney took over a year ago and I gather from recent reviews does not get back with any one! I’ve never had an issue needing to contact the firm until now. No return calls from office nor emails even though I can see they’ve been read on the portal

Comment

You'll just have to inundate them with 2 emails a day, 2 phone calls a day, and a visit to the office.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Have the emails and calls down but they are not at office. I think they only come in if they have a new client 😳

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X