It's over!!! Discharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over!!! Discharged

We are finally discharged!!! First I want to thank BKforum because without you guys I would of lost my head.

We filed 01/18/2018
    In March 2023 We received a motion to dismiss for non payment. We never missed a payment but later found out there was an error and we were short over 4k.
    We paid that in April and in May Trustee said they had all payments
    Discharged today August 1, 2023

This was the longest 5 and half years of my life. We learned some valuable lessons that has changed our lives forever. The best part of this was that 47k was paid towards my student loans... I am so grateful for that!!!

For those still in BK keep your head up... It will be over soon.

I love Chapter 13 discharge posts! Congratulations on making it through!

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats prindia !!!! It's the best feeling , isn't it!
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Congrats! We are in the final months of our 5 yr 100% plan so hopefully soon I’ll be posting an “It’s over!” Post!! Question on the student loan payment, I also have student loans in my bk, but the trustee has been paying a percentage rather than the minimum payment, which is 3-4x the payment. It looks like student loans will be paid in full thru the BK. But I would’ve rather the minimum payment paid and the rest of the money distributed to the creditors…are student loan payments always handled this way thru Ch 13?

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty73 View Post
          But I would’ve rather the minimum payment paid and the rest of the money distributed to the creditors…are student loan payments always handled this way thru Ch 13?
          Unsecured creditors are treated equally. Student loans are unsecured and treated no differently than any other unsecured creditor, such as a credit card from Bank of America. The Chapter 13 Trustee pays them pro-rata each pay period. So if your student loans are 50% of all your unsecured debt, then the student loans get 50% of your "disposable monthly income" portion of your payment to the Chapter 13 Trustee.

Chapter 13s are designed to pay pro-rata because the money is considered a "pool" of money and is distributed based on the creditor's percentage of the total pool. It makes things much more simple. It also helps the unsecured creditors should the debtor's Chapter 13 fail.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the explanation justbroke!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X