Chapter 13 ending timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 ending timeline

Just wondering if anyone can help me as far as when my chapter 13 ends?
    Petition Filed: 5/14/2019
    Org 341 Date: 6/19/2019
    Latest 341 Date: 6/19/2019
    Org Plan Filed Date: 5/14/2019
    Closed Date:
    Date Final Printed:
    Confirmation Hrg:
    Confirmation Date: 8/29/2019
    Bar Date: 7/23/2019
    Gov. Bar Date: 11/12/2019

Thats off the trustees website but the wage garnishment did not start coming out of my check until the first week of June 2019 and comes out weekly. Then the last Thursday of the month the trustee makes a payment to all the creditors.

im trying to calculate what’s left because they also raised my payment after 3 months of paying saying the plan was not adequate. They only raised the payment $21 a week.

But I feel like I’m going to be short in the end and have started stashing money away to make a payment need be.

Is it over the end of June once I make my 60th payment or may when I filed?

On the surface, I would say May 2024.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Ughh that’s even worse if so. If I calculate til the end of may if appears I’ll be short around $1500.

Comment

How are you calculating the amount that you owe? That part confused me and I thought we might end early since not all the creditors filed a claim, but my payment was based on the numbers if they all filed. I was in 100% payback so it did end early.

I guess in a round about way I am asking are you sure you know exactly how much you will owe.

I am thinking it would be June 2024 because June to June is 12 months and you must do that 5x to make a 60 month period, and if I remember correctly there were 60 payments ; not how often they take the money, but each payment was based on a month. If that makes sense.
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

I’m just going off the claims list on my trustees website, im def not in a 100% plan but even the 1% that is listed for all the unsecured plus the monthly secured payments vs what I have to pay in does not equal out.

They wage garnash me every week from my check but then the trustee pays out once at the end of the month. So essentially it’s more like 260 payments vs 60 payments

Comment

I think they consider it monthly payments regardless of how many times they take the money from your paycheck. Mine was every other week based on when I was paid, but in the paperwork from the BK it stated 60 payments. I had a step plan where the payment went up and it was listed as started on such and such payment, not by a date. That's the reason it sticks out in my memory.

Do you pay anything yourself like your mortgage? I know it's still in the plan, but we paid it ourselves. Could something like that effect your calculations?
            I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Mine also says 60 payments, i too had a stepped plan because it was calculated too low originally so from June 19 to sept of 19 I paid one amount and then it went up and has been the same weekly payment since then. The trustee never sent a payment to creditors until the end of sept 19 and then has been paying out the last Thursday of every month since.

No my mortgage is paid outside the chapter 13 that’s the only bill except for utilities and insurance that is outside.

Comment

It is really mystery to me how this math works. It does seem to me your last payment would be June, not May, but I am not an expert.

Comment

It’s not a huge deal on when it ends to me, I mean the sooner the better but I just want to be prepared come may/June/July and the trustee says hey congrats but your short so we are gonna try and dismiss. I have been seeing the posts about this lately and wanna stay one step ahead or at least trying.

Comment

I am sure I don't need to say this, but keep an eye on it and as time goes by you will see if you will run short. Save up some money just in case.

Comment

Not sure if this helps me or not but NDC just sent me an email saying my case has been active for 52 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay3007 View Post
                        Not sure if this helps me or not but NDC just sent me an email saying my case has been active for 52 months.
                        I got the same thing today. Looks like we filed just days apart.

Comment

Originally posted by mh321 View Post

I got the same thing today. Looks like we filed just days apart.
                          May 14th, 2019

Comment

Question, if we included our car in the chapter 13 and the trustee is paying it in the plan is there anyway that we would end the 5 year plan and still have to pay on it after the chap 13 is over?

Comment

It is my understanding if the note is longer than five years, then yes, you will need to finish the payments post-discharge. That said, it may vary by Trustee, so I'd recommend you check your paperwork for details of the plan.
                              Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X