How much of a difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much of a difference?

Newbie from NY here. We filed on August 2, 2023. Our lawyer has told us that our payment will be roughly $700 monthly for 36 months. If any, how much of an increase did you see once your appointed Trustee got involved? I am so nervous and need to prepare myself.

My Trustee always accepted what my lawyer submitted. I don't know if that is how it works everywhere but there was never an issue for me.

Comment

Welcome to BKForum.

It's difficult to compare Chapter 13 plans and what happened with another debtor. All Chapter 13 plans are unique in their own way. There is no way to predict what a specific Chapter 13 Trustee would find, in another State, using another attorney, for a unique debtor, with specific personal expenses and income.

Anecdotally, though, Chapter 13 plan payments are generally about right unless the final projected income or expenses are different than what is in the schedules.

Other than that, there is no way to guess. It's too personal and individualized.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X