Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming to an End

Hi all,

I just had to make a post as I saw on PACER today that the trustee has uploaded a Notice of Completion of Plan Payments. I filed in November of 2019. I got really lucky during my case. If you look at my post history, I had a $700 payment, which was bumped up to $950 following an adversary proceeding to account for a PMSI loan that was included in my plan. They paid this lender $15k (out of a $65k loan) to strip the lien and satisfy them.

About a year and half into my plan I began proceedings for divorce. My ex was not a filer, but her income was included obviously. Post divorce I filed a motion to reduce plan payments and they dropped from $950 to about $175. It was an amazing relief, especially being a single parent. A few months ago I asked my lawyer about ending my plan early, which I think is not allowed in some districts, but mine approved it! I paid my remaining $1500 or so, and they are letting my end my plan early (would've been December 2024)! I really feel like my district/trustee have the debtor in their best interest or I just got amazingly lucky. They did not order me to pay any extra.

I just wanted to share this story as I am coming up on the end of my journey.

Congratulations. Making through a Chapter 13, even with an early discharge, is no walk-in-the-park. Kudos for sticking it out.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats!!
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Wow, that’s a great story. Congratulations! Single parent needs a break.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X