top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing in on final 3 months of plan but numbers don’t seem to equal?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing in on final 3 months of plan but numbers don’t seem to equal?!

So I have about 18 payments left on my chapter 13 plan, weekly payroll deduction. I can see on the trustees website how much we still owe on the remaining accounts which most are under $200 but our vehicle is right at 3k left. With the remaining payments we will only pay in another $3200 and it shows we still owe $4500. Not a peep from our attorney or the trustee about it, granted I have not asked because I don’t want to move any rocks but what will happen with this? I have a stash set aside if I need to make a lump sum payment if need be but like who is watching this or is supposed to be? I’m just afraid everyday that I will get a notice to dismiss because the plan Is not feasible or something, which I could propose to pay. We paid one amount for 3 months on the original plan proposal and then the trustee upped it by about $20 a week and it’s never changed since the 3rd month.

I would recommend staying the course; pay your monthly on schedule for the next 17 months and then the day after that penultimate payment was due, make your 18th payment; your discharge should follow within 30 days.

Please keep us posted.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

I planned to stay the course and just have the money set aside but being that I only have 18 weekly payments left which is 3 monthly payments I just didn’t know why no one else has paid attention to it.

Comment

Are you required to have the car paid off by the end of the BK? We made our payments outside the plan, but the HELOC did not need to be paid off before the end of the BK and if my car hadn't been totaled it would not have been paid off by the end of the BK 13.
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

I’m just assuming that it has to be paid off due to it being included in the bk and paid by the trustee. The only thing I’m paying outside of the bk is my mortgage and utilities.

Comment

What does penultimate payment mean?

Comment

Penultimate means "last but one in a series of things".
              Latent car nut.

Comment

Is this a 100% plan? If so, then it would have to be paid. Also, is the car loan a secured debt? Probably, since it would have been paid off first. If not, and it is not a 100% plan, then it will simply be discharged once the plan is completed. In my case, about $12,000 of my car loan was secured, which has been paid off, and about $9,000 is unsecure debt.

Comment

No it’s not a 100% plan, yes the car is a secured debt. I have a call in to my attorney and all I got was I will look in to it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X