top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 13 almost complete, but an error on my part.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 almost complete, but an error on my part.

Hello everyone, I'm new here, and as I'm reading this entire forum, I wish I had found it sooner. There seems to be a lot of collaboration and helpful knowledgeable people here, and I will share my experience, and help here as well.

I'm in a 3-year plan where I have to pay 50% of my debt, since I was fortunate enough to have most of them not file (as I've been told). I'm on my last payment according to the money that is owed, but I'm a little nervous as I approach the end of my 3-year plan due to one reason. Taxes!

In my plan it's promised that I would provide my trustee with my Tax information and Tax Return. I have done this for the first two years with no issues, but the third year I had to change my W-4 around which resulted in me only paying half of my taxes for the year. My income hasn't changed at all, and I'm also almost paid in full. Do you think that they will dismiss this because of this? I've been near perfect until the end.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Oh last thing I forgot to mention is I am in a payment plan with the IRS that the trustee and attorney knows about.

Comment

Hi Quaid. Well, personal taxes are due for filing around April 15 2024. You'll be making your final payment well before that. So, you may not need to provide it. Our final payment was January 2022, and we did not submit our tax forms for review when we filed after January 2022. But, it's best to check with your attorney. Our trustee did not request tax forms every year.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X