BK13 Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK13 Timeline

Forgive me if I didn't read all the posts, but I have a few questions. Making my last payment in June. After that last payment, I need to reach out to my attorney about the credit counseling course? Then audit?Then it will be submitted for dismissal/discharged? Then credit report updated? I was just wondering EACH steps that will occur. I also heard that you get MORE mileage out of the Trustee moving things along compared to your attorney!

thanks in advance,
    Cas...

We are just about done with ours as well. In about a week or so we'll be making our last payment!

The sooner you do the counseling course, the better. Just so it's out of the way. There are 2 of them you are supposed to have done. Have you done the first one? We did both parts of ours through debtorcc.org .

After we make our final payment I plan on emailing our attorney to let him know. At that point, from my understanding he submits an order for discharge, meanwhile the Trustee does an audit to make sure everything looks good. When we have signed into the NDC over the last 6 or so months our status shows our case is being audited. Not sure if they tend to start a little early with cases that would be ending soon or what.

I would just go through your attorney. You made it this far with your attorney, just finish it with him/her.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback! I only have 2 more payments to make! Is the courses standard ones? I just don't know if I can complete these 2 months in advance? I'll reach out to my Attorney and confirm. Thanks for the help! I just want everything done and over with. My NDC still shows Open-Active and I'll be monitoring it in the next 2 months as well.

Comment

The second debtor course is a financial management course. Our Chapter 13 Trustee has people do them right after the 341 meeting. The second course can be done at anytime after filing and before discharge; it is required for the discharge. Don't wait. Just make sure you are taking the correct (second) course.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke

Yes, I just found it! I did do this at time of filing as you said. Looks like I'm all set then. Thanks for your input!

Comment

Just make sure it's not the first course. The first course you need at the time of filing (usually done just before filing). the second course is done after filing.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

This is what I took...

CERTIFICATE OF DEBTOR EDUCATION I CERTIFY that on June 21, 2019, at 9:16 o'clock PM EDT, ***MY NAME*** completed a course on personal financial management given by internet by Second Bankruptcy Course, LLC, a provider approved pursuant to 11 U.S.C. 111 to provide an instructional course concerning personal financial management in the District of Arizona.

Look right for the second course?

Comment

Looks like the second class. (The second class is a "debtor education" or personal financial management class. The first class a "credit counseling" class.)

Comment

Saweet! Thanks for confirming! 👍

Comment

Just make sure your attorney files or filed that certificate along with the certification form.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X