Frustrated vent post! 🤬

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated vent post! 🤬

We filed on may 14, 2019. First payments were payroll deducted June 1st every week since then. This Friday will be my 260th weekly payment equiling 60 months of me paying in. I have reached out to our attorney 3 times with the last time being last week, they said I will check in to it and text you. Never got a response. Had my wife email them on Monday, no response.

here is my problem, I look up the case on the website and we didn’t pay enough in to cover the secured. So I have been saving to cover it in this event. Fast forward to this week and I find our dog needs a toe amputated due to a tumor. No biggie I’ll dip in to the savings and fix my baby but I’m afraid the trustee will drop some bomb on us and it seems no one cares.

disagreement with my wife tonight because she said your probably pissing the attorney off with you keep bothering them. I want my life back! lol I just feel as if you say you tell a client you will do something it should be done. I understand you get busy but I have been calling and emailing about this problem for 2-3 months now on how I felt like we were going to fall short and by short I mean this.

last 3 payments paid in = $474
    secured + unsecured+ trustee fees $2239.65
    so that means I’m short like $1800+ trustee fees.

the attorneys office has been very laxed this while time with things. The answer is always wait and see.

If it is that bad and they haven't contacted you, try walking into their office. If it's a solo practitioner then I would still go the the office since it appears that they have support staff. If all else fails you can contact the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee and see if they'll help you. Sometimes, they will poke the attorney if you haven't had any communication within a reasonable amount of time.

Hopefully your math is off and everything is fine.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I’m just irritated. Like if I owe that’s fine I just want to know, if I don’t owe or have to go longer that’s fine also. The end is sooooo close but yet no communication and the trustee office is 50 minutes from me.

Comment

Send an email to the Trustee's office. Worse that happens is that they tell you to contact your attorney.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X