I need to vent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to vent!

Well, it's one year, two months, and 21 days since we filed. Our plan is finally confirmed, 99.9% of my creditors are accounted for, and the trustee is as always right on top of things if they are deficient. But it seems that when it comes to matters such as the fact we are now $700 a month shorter on income after child support was replaced by an educational order(which we told them was going to happen to begin with), my medical insurance more than doubled to over $400 a month, and I have another $4000 in medical expenses I have to pay because they are post filing date, he doesn't seem to hear the call of my attorney. So, now we have to file a motion for hearing, and wait for that to get set, then appear, provide proof of all said issues, which we did over two months ago now, and hope the judge kicks the trustee in the butt and can compell him to do the other half of his job! I am sick to death of the trustee picking and choosing, only focusing on piddly BS that doesn't amount to a hill of beans, and never addressing our issues unless we force it through the court. Anyway, I think he'll be really thrilled when he finds out I may have to be sent to Mayo clinic for an extended stay and be on FMLA with short term dissability. I bet he won't want to reduce the payment then either.

DOA:

I was just thinking about you this morning as I had to make payment arrangements for my husband's latest hospital bill. We finally got the first refund from our plan suspension, but it took forever. The Trustee certainly doesn't move quickly on our behalf.

So sorry you are having to go through all this hassle on top of not feeling well. Keep us posted on how you are doing, okay? You know all of us are pulling for you. Take care and God bless-

jane
    Filed: 2/24/2006
    341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
    Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Well, I had the wonderful tilt table test today, and while I never passed out completely, it was noted as "positive" for an incident. The weirdest thisg is that my blood pressure, at rest lieing down, or standing up, never stabilizes. It's like waves on the ocean with swells and troughs. As high as 205/115 and as low as 90/50, but normally (yeah, normally isn't the right word) varies between 115/68 and 150/85. That's according to being hooked up and BP monitored every 90 seconds for 1.5 hours. So, they say it is possibly neurocardiogenic syncope issue. Most like be refered to Win-Kuang Shen, M.D. at Mayo Clinic. Worst case scenario I have Shay-Drager, which is uncurable and results in death between 7-10 years of diagnosis. As you can imagine, I'm not pulling for that one. So, we'll see who is slower this week, the trustee or my cardiology group. Guess they can't make me pay if I go DOA for good.

Comment

Originally posted by DOA View Post
        Well, I had the wonderful tilt table test today, and while I never passed out completely, it was noted as "positive" for an incident. The weirdest thisg is that my blood pressure, at rest lieing down, or standing up, never stabilizes. It's like waves on the ocean with swells and troughs. As high as 205/115 and as low as 90/50, but normally (yeah, normally isn't the right word) varies between 115/68 and 150/85. That's according to being hooked up and BP monitored every 90 seconds for 1.5 hours. So, they say it is possibly neurocardiogenic syncope issue. Most like be refered to Win-Kuang Shen, M.D. at Mayo Clinic. Worst case scenario I have Shay-Drager, which is uncurable and results in death between 7-10 years of diagnosis. As you can imagine, I'm not pulling for that one. So, we'll see who is slower this week, the trustee or my cardiology group. Guess they can't make me pay if I go DOA for good.
        Whew, DOA....you had a very tough day. I really admire that you are using humor (morbid humor, but humor nevertheless!) to make what could be devastating news more bearable somehow. Know that all of us here are hoping for the best for you, every day in every way! Also remember we will always be here for you for support or venting because we care. Hang in there - please keep us posted on what the doctors say, ok? (And I'm a critical care nurse - if you have medical questions or just want to chat, please PM whenever you want.)
        Last edited by lrprn; 11-01-2006, 06:49 PM.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

My Brother approaches it the same way, Lrprn.

He cracks jokes all the time. Never takes his CHF seriously. He says it's serious enough for both of them. Him and his condition that is.

And it shows in how he looks, most of the time. Even his Cardiology Group and the Heart Transplant Group says he looks too good to be so sick.

But if you walk thru Wal-Mart with him, you'd know how bad he is.

Keep the positive attitude, DOA!!

Hoping all goes well for you!! With the testing and the BK.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Im so sorry you are going through this during a BK. I got DX in 2001, 4 years before we filed, but the reason we had to file. I have primary pulmonary hypertension- took a while to diagnos so I can totally relate to the waiting game and tests and being poked, proded, xray, injected! I hope they find out soon and that everything goes in a positive motion with the trustee.

Comment

DOA, sorry to hear about your situation, but glad to hear you have a team of doctors working on it that will give you the best care. I hear Mayo Clinic is the best in the world. Good luck with you.

I know what you mean about the trustees on the nickle and dime petty crap. When I was going through confirmation process and my attorney calling me every other day with a new figure the trustee came up with, each one higher than the previous one, when I faxed my new medical insurance cost which unexpecitantly went up over 100/month, they never talked about changing that amount.
              Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
              Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
              Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

DOA, so sorry to hear about your medical problems. Some of these diseases are so frustrating - we can put a man on the mood but can't even cure the common cold, let alone of these other horrible diseases.

I know you said that the Trustee never picks up the phone....but have you tried working with the people in the office?? In my Chapter 13, there were countless times I had to contact the Trustee's office and I never once talked to them. I always dealt with the helpful little old ladies who worked in the office. LOL I would butter them up with compliments, telling them how helpful they were, etc etc. Once they realized I was not some angry unreasonable bankruptcy client, they were super sweet and nice to me and always got whatever I wanted done quickly. It was like they were so happy to help someone who was nice to them that they went out of their way for me.
                Date Filed: 12/19/2004
                341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
                Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
                Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X