top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old are you all!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dac67
    replied
    Thanks Irprn, it was nice for you to reply.
    We are trying to always tell them(my kids) how important it is to save save save. When they get a dollar from the toothfairy they just want to go out and spend it, and we say no, save it. I am going to set up a savings account for both of them.
    I also stress to my daughter how important going on to further education like college is.
    I am a veterinary technician working at an emerency hospital. In our state you don't have to be certified, but I am going to school just so I can use that leverage in the future.
    Best Wishes!

    Leave a comment:


  • lrprn
    replied
    Originally posted by dac67 View Post
    I am just wondering how old are some of you that have filed Chap. 13. Cause it means that we all after discharge have to rebuild our lives and funds.
    I often get so depressed thinking at 40 that how am I ever going to rebuild financially after all said and done. And that at my age it will just be harder, it's not like I will beable to retire any time soon. We really did mess things up. I am always thinking how I can deter my kids and really get them to understand how bad having alot of credit cards, and building unneccesary debt can have such a catastrophic result. My kids are 7yrs and 10 yrs. They do not know about this. They are too young and don't need to know now. I was just wondering. Thanks!
    My husband is 60 and I'm 55 - we just filed 6 mos ago and have a 5 year plan. You'll have 15 more years than we will to rebuild which hopefully helps you feel a little better

    As far as your children go, please don't hide these problems from them completely. As an old pediatric nurse, I assure you you'd be surprised if you knew how much they've both probably figured out anyway!

    Learning how to handle money well starts at their ages with allowances, buying small gifts for birthdays, etc. Understanding that money needs to be budgeted carefully and families sometimes must make hard choices to stay within the money they have are very important life lessons. Real life experience watching parents make those choices when it's appropriate to share embeds how to handle money well for a lifetime.

    Leave a comment:


  • dac67
    started a topic How old are you all!!

    How old are you all!!

    I am just wondering how old are some of you that have filed Chap. 13. Cause it means that we all after discharge have to rebuild our lives and funds.
    I often get so depressed thinking at 40 that how am I ever going to rebuild financially after all said and done. And that at my age it will just be harder, it's not like I will beable to retire any time soon. We really did mess things up. I am always thinking how I can deter my kids and really get them to understand how bad having alot of credit cards, and building unneccesary debt can have such a catastrophic result. My kids are 7yrs and 10 yrs. They do not know about this. They are too young and don't need to know now. I was just wondering. Thanks!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X