Chapter 13 completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 completed!

Wow! What an unbelievable feeling.. got that magical letter saying to stop sending payments.. now it's just waiting for the final objections which is March 2.. I'm assuming discharge is about the same time.. Our plan was for 48 months and we just made the 43rd payment so when we recieved this letter, we were definitly surprised.. especially with the refund check of 3 months!!! Anyways, I just wanted to share with everyone and to let others know there is light at the end of the tunnel. I would also like to thank all of you on this forum for all your insight.. I found this site last year and have been reading it daily... It's been a life saver for me!! Thanks again!
    EZ2BGRAMZ
    Petition filed 07/03/2003
    Confirmed 10/20/2003
    Closed 01/26/2007
    Discharged 03/08/2007

CONGRADULATIONS......... not many complete their Chapter 13's...... you can be PROUD.........

Yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel........ and you have arrived.......

Nice feeling, isn't it????

Now you can celebrate as soon as you get that discharge, and start planning a new future for you and yours........

A job well done,

Minny
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Final objections?

[COLOR="red"Wow! What an unbelievable feeling.. got that magical letter saying to stop sending payments.. now it's just waiting for the final objections which is March 2.. I'm assuming discharge is about the same time.. Our plan was for 48 months and we just made the 43rd payment so when we recieved this letter, we were definitly surprised.. especially with the refund check of 3 months!!! Anyways, I just wanted to share with everyone and to let others know there is light at the end of the tunnel. I would also like to thank all of you on this forum for all your insight.. I found this site last year and have been reading it daily... It's been a life saver for me!! Thanks again!

Another thing to worry about for the next 54 months.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!

I'm really happy for you and a little jealous. 54 months remain for us. I did not realize that someone could object at the end. Is this common?

Comment

Soooooo Happy for you!

Yay!!!

That gives me hope.

February will be my 10th payment, and it will mark exactly 4 years to go -- I have a 58 month payment plan.

It's hard, but easier than how things were. Like now, if the phone rings, it's not a bill collector, it's someone who actually wants to talk to someone here.

But I worry -- will my car with some 160K miles make it 4 more years? I just had to put a battery and some motor shield in it this week for some $238.

But I am so happy for you -- good, good, good for you!

cat

Comment

Thank you guys for all the responses.. Sure do appreciate all your happiness for us!!

"In-Debt" to your question about someone objecting at the end?? Evidently after the trustee mails out the notice to creditors that everything is completed, anyone can object to the discharge.. they have 30 or 35 days to make this objection.. I don't think it's common for someone to object, but ya just never know with this stuff! LOL

"cso5@" hang in there!! We started this bankrupcty with a little '85 GMC and the motor was in the bed of the truck.. we had it put together and have been driving it ever since! No heat, no AC... and we live in the desert!! It can be done, just gotta have a little faith and a lot of hard work!! We struggled, but like Minny said, we can be proud!! Not many people make it thru this, but we were determined!!
            ez2bgramz
            Petition filed 07/03/2003
            Confirmed 10/20/2003
            Closed 01/26/2007
            Discharged 03/08/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ez2bgramz View Post
              We struggled, but like Minny said, we can be proud!! Not many people make it thru this, but we were determined!!
              ez2bgramz
              Congratulations, ez! Those of us currently in Ch 13 can take heart knowing that you made it to the 13 finish line, and so can we! You made it through major heat without AC in your car....wow! You *were* determined! Any other advice to share on how to weather the tough months when our precious dollars must be shifted around to pay for something unexpected?
              Last edited by lrprn; 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM.
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Way to go, I wouldn't foresee any objections since you paid some/most/all of the money back to the creditors!

Congrats ! ! ! Catchmeifyoucan
                July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Congrats to you! I remember when we got our letter, it felt like the weight (or wait) of the world was lifted. Be on the look out for a final decree and if you listed a car or mortgages, you should get the title to the vehicle and a notice reminding you that you'll start paying those mortgage loans again. That's if you filed like we did. Again, congrats and much success to you in your future.
                  Chap.13 survivor

Comment

So happy for you!!! We've been in our Chapter 13 plan for a year now. It is not easy as you well know.

God bless you and congratulations!!!

Peace,
                    jane
                    Filed: 2/24/2006
                    341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                    Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Congratulations EZ2BGRAMZ.

We made our last Chapter 13 payment a month ago on December 29 2006 ($2700 per month for three l-o-n-g horrible years.)

I called our Trustee's office the first week of January and they said that on the last disbursement day of January, the final payment would go out to the creditors. It was only a $376.37 balance.

Then they would send a petition to the court to refund the remaining funds back to us. ($3,362.08-we can't wait). We received a copy of that letter already.

Our refund should go out to us in the February trustee disbursement at the end of February. Our account currently shows as ABOUT TO CLOSE.

Our refund is already spent on things that we couldn't afford for the last 3 years. Like basic car repairs, overdue dental appointments, monthly flea prevention for our dogs, etc.... Things we have been neglecting. Plus last years taxes. YUK.

Congratulations again. I DEFINITELY know how hard it was.

Comment

Congratulations for hangin in there!!!!!!!!!
                        I can just taste how it is going to feel when I am able to post that we are finished.
                        Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
                        Plan approved- 7/11/05
                        Date discharged--10-12-2007
                        Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Many Congrats!! ez2bgramz

Enjoy life without the Trustee looking over your shoulder!!
                          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                          Discharged - 12/2006
                          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by ez2bgramz View Post
                            Wow! What an unbelievable feeling.. got that magical letter saying to stop sending payments.. now it's just waiting for the final objections which is March 2.. I'm assuming discharge is about the same time.. Our plan was for 48 months and we just made the 43rd payment so when we recieved this letter, we were definitly surprised.. especially with the refund check of 3 months!!! Anyways, I just wanted to share with everyone and to let others know there is light at the end of the tunnel. I would also like to thank all of you on this forum for all your insight.. I found this site last year and have been reading it daily... It's been a life saver for me!! Thanks again!
                            EZ2BGRAMZ
                            I don't think you have to worry about objections and if so, it would only be a creditor claiming the trustee didn't pay them fair compared to the other claims. Your done, it is just paper work for the trustee to make sure all the money was property accounted for and paid out. Congratulations!!!
                            Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
                            Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
                            Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I have 7 months left according to the trustee website. So when that objection letter goes out to the creditors who filed claims, what are the reasons they could object. Mine are all being paid 35 percent. Just wondering. I can't wait for my 7 months to be up!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X