Bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank account

Will we get into trouble if we use my brother's bank account for the next few months to pay our household bills? I am not trying to hide anything, its just that the IRS put a levy on my accounts so I can't put money in. I stopped the direct deposit and will be getting paper checks but it would be easier if I could still write checks for the few items we still pay (house, car, etc). I would keep all receipts and canx cks of course to prove that I am not doing anything dishonest.

Is it just better to pay with money order or cashiers check?

If you use your brothers checking account I worry that the trustee would try to get the total balance in that account. If you have enough exemptions to cover brothers money and your own - no problem.
    If not I just wouldn't risk involving your brother and I wouls stick to money orders and cashiers check.
    Filed: 10/26/2006
    Discharged: 03/05/2007
    Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

If you can sign on brother's account, IRS can levy it too. Be careful!!!
      I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

thanks for the input. i don't want to jeopardize my brother. so i will just use money orders for the next two months.

so far so good on the 2nd bank account, it hasnt been levied yet but i am preparing for it. trying to keep ahead of the IRS is hard work, LOL.

Comment

When you file bk, the levy should be lifted. When are you planning on filing?
          Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
          Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
          Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by grandmasusan View Post
            trying to keep ahead of the IRS is hard work, LOL.
            But it can be done, if you know how to play their game.
            I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

Repeat after me "CASH AND CARRY...CASH AND CARRY" That is the only way to be sure. Keep a small amount (20$) in the account they haven't touched so you have an acct...
              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X