After the final payment posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the final payment posts

First off, we send in our own payments. So we're down to 5 more payments. That makes 156 in all. We called to touch base with the attorney today and they informed us that we have to keep making these payments "until we're told otherwise" This was a 3 year, 18% plan. But as of our 156th payment, we will have paid 57%. What are they going to do if we stop sending payments after the last one?

gina in georgia

First, congratulations on being so close to finishing. I am also on a 36 month plan to be pay back 20%, I am going to end up paying 48% due to claims not being filed etc. etc. While I have a 36 plan I also have a base amount I have to pay in. So it reads 36 months or until you meet base, whichever, is longer. So mine will end up being 37 months at the current rate.

While I have no idea what they are going to do if you stop sending payments after what you think is the last one, but they could possibly dismiss ur bankruptcy.

Please follow the advice of your attorney after making it this far, You might try contacting the trustee's office in your district. The office in my district has been most helpful answering these "types" of questions.

Comment

You could be issued a refund if you go over, but I wouldn't chance a dismissal by not paying. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

YES, you are to be COMMENDED for making it through the Chapter ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I concur with the others DON'T STOP until you are told to, it doesn't hurt to call the Trustee and inquire though ! IF you are to get a refund they will issue one in time.

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X