Still Hanging In There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Hanging In There

Just in case some of you old-timers were wondering, I'm still hanging in there. Monthly income has now decreased 30% since January (as expected). In the meantime, I keep answering the phone and being cordial with creditors. The big three unsecureds (MBNA, BOFA, CITI) have all agreed to five year plans at 0% - 1.75% interest. They just want their money. CrapitalOne is not as nice. I'm barely fending them off. On the other hand, everything is current this month, including a payment to a judgment creditor and a debt collection agency. I'm thinking this has now bought me another 5 - 7 months to see what my income does. I'm avoiding as much fees to unsecured creditors as I possibly can, and simply trying to get by. Legal counsel suggested that the more current I can stay (if possible) the cleaner everything will go (better to slap when they don't see it coming). I've also thought about buying a house and if there is a reasonable lender otu there, I'll probably do so. Who knows, if my income gets cut in half, and I have a high mortgage payments, along with guaranteed student loans, payback to a 403(b) loan, and auto loans, o might even escape with a chapter 7 even though I'm above the median income. Well, that's the current situation. Cheers.

Good to hear from you, Tree!!

Glad to see you're making progress.

Slow and steady wins the race!
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Ya sound like a winner with your plans all laid out !

Best of Luck , Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
        Just in case some of you old-timers were wondering, I'm still hanging in there.
        Great to hear you are holding your own so far, TH! Hope everything continues to go well for you, and remember we're here for you whenever you need us.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget