auto loan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto loan question

I went to a dealership today and everything was going good, upfront about my active chapter 13 (since 2005). Finance guy then told me I could buy a car but needed a discharge notice that he explained meant nothing else could be added to the bankruptcy. I tried explaing to him it is still active and I could not receive a discharge paper. What do I need to be able to finance a vehicle from the lawyer or trustee?

Originally posted by Cinie View Post
    I went to a dealership today and everything was going good, upfront about my active chapter 13 (since 2005). Finance guy then told me I could buy a car but needed a discharge notice that he explained meant nothing else could be added to the bankruptcy. I tried explaing to him it is still active and I could not receive a discharge paper. What do I need to be able to finance a vehicle from the lawyer or trustee?

Have you already cleared it with the trustee? I don't know much about Ch 13s, but it is my understanding that they need to approve any and all financing for the entire time you are in repayment.
    Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
    341: 2/6/08
    Discharged: 4/11/08
    Finally closing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin on empty View Post
      Have you already cleared it with the trustee? I don't know much about Ch 13s, but it is my understanding that they need to approve any and all financing for the entire time you are in repayment.
      That's how it is with my Chapter 13. I am only allowed to purchased 2 things on finance: a car, or a home. And I need to get approval for both.

In my case, since I kept my car and am paying it on the plan, I cannot finance another car. So...I could only try and purchase a home if I wanted to, but it needs to be approved by the trustee.
      Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
      Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
      Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
      11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Your attorney could write a letter with the date of your filing and explain in the letter that no more debtors can be added. That should be sufficient.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I think you will find it hard to finance tho. I have seen horror stories. Even the places that say they can finance anyone put the * saying bankruptcies must be discharged. I hope Im wrong for your sake though

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X