top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 13 Discharged ... But It's Still Not Over ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FH - We are all very glad for you that this is finally over......Time to change your name, you are not "hopeless". Just lots of good hope for the future and that credit union got theirs!

Glad it is all over. Great Christmas present for you and your family to have this behind you. A little like having the bk behind us. A great feeling to be sure.

To be honest, I haven't been coming to the site as much lately, but wanted to see this to the end - such a great story (with the required happy ending!).

Have a great holiday season everyone (snowing hard here in the Northeast) and best of luck to all in 2008. Remember, it always gets better, and bk is not forever.

Boscoe
    Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
    341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
    US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
    Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

I think she should change her name to "vansaga"....
      Chapter 13 Filed: 12/3/07
      Payments: 2/60

Comment

Way to stick up for yourself. Congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by isitreal View Post
          I think she should change her name to "vansaga"....
          LOL Perfect new name.

Comment

Why did YOU have to split the 5K...??? They should of paid the attorney and you get the whole thing!! I'm glad you're happy hon, but why did you have to pay him with YOUR settlement???
            Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
            CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
            Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

FH, I remember so well when you made your first post five long months ago. I had no doubt then that this would be the outcome and all of us are so proud of you for sticking it out through all the stress, the insults, and the anger to get to this satisfying conclusion.

So happy, happy, HAPPY for you!! Put your feet up, relax those shoulders, and smile from ear to ear. YOU DID IT!! Congratulations on your well-deserved new nest egg and happy holidays!!
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks, guys ... VanSaga would be an amazing name ... much more fitting than "FeelingHopeless" at this point. haha

MajorMike ... when they first offered $5,000 ... I asked our attorney if we could counter with $5,000 plus attorney's fees. Initially his assistant said that was fine ... that we could counter with anything we'd like.

But a day or two later, I got a call from the attorney himself who explained that these people (the CU and their attorney) were hostile and not open to negotiations. He suggested I take their settlement offer ... unless I really wanted to fight it out in front of the judge ... because those were our only two options.

I think I've written on here before ... without going into too much detail ... that my husband's been on medication for anxiety and depression for around fifteen years. The reposession incident alone had caused his symptoms to be much worse ... then when you added on the calls, the meetings, the court dates ... it all got to be very, very hard on him.

So, could we have gone to court and gotten more ... yes, I believe so. In fact, I'm certain ... especially if you consider the toll it took on my husband. Our "damages" were more than financial. But that would've involved us both going in and going on the witness stand. And that ... well, it would've been difficult for him.

I know it might not make sense to anyone ... but all I can say is that he's the most important thing to me ... much more important than money. I didn't want him to go through that stress if he didn't have to ... and, as I've said before, even after getting plates for the van and the necessary upkeep, we'll still have $2,000 to squirrel away.

In my heart, I feel like it's ended well ...
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Filed Chapter 13 - March, 2003
                Discharged - April, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by FeelingHopeless View Post
                  I
                  I know it might not make sense to anyone ... but all I can say is that he's the most important thing to me ... much more important than money. I didn't want him to go through that stress if he didn't have to ... and, as I've said before, even after getting plates for the van and the necessary upkeep, we'll still have $2,000 to squirrel away.

In my heart, I feel like it's ended well ...
                  You're happy, he's getting less stressed, all is well. All is well!

Congrats on sticking it to them. I have been fascinated by your tale ( and oh so happy that us bank sent our title without protest within a week of closing our bk)

Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
                  Plan approved- 7/11/05
                  Date discharged--10-12-2007
                  Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Hi all,
                    A friend directed me to this thread.. I'm simply amazed at the CU's stupidity and the sheer GALL of it all.

I would mention though that technically they didn't violate the automatic stay, that ends at discharge. They DID violate the permanent injunction of the DISCHARGE - heck, they shredded it, burned it, and flushed it down the toilet !!!!

I would also like to add a a link to this article regarding this 'pay us what was discharged to get your title' garbage that happens all too often both BK chapters:

That's a great site for info on violations of the stay and your discharge.

Congrats FH on the fight and your win !!! If only more people would do what you did, some of these practices might be stopped.

Comment

FH - I'm so glad it is over for you. You did what you thought was right and you won. Nothing could be better than that. (((hugs)))
                      ~Chapter 13 "Old Law"~ per NDC SITE
                      Filed: 6/04 * 341: 7/04 * Confirmed: 10/04 * Case Closed: 4/09 * Discharged: 6/09 *

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X