No announcement yet.

After 15 months....CONFIRMED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations!!!! we started this journey about the same time. I know for me it was a great feeling to know the trustee has moved on to fish in another pond. Unless I stir up a wave or two, he won't come back to fish in my pond again!!!!!

Glad you got to keep contributing to your 401k plan. My plan only had 2 or 3% to contribute. Since my employeer has started matching contributions again, I'm trying to skimp and contribute 5% (they match up to 5%). It is difficult, but makes a big difference quickly.
    Last edited by aa06a47; 09-30-2007, 04:01 PM.
    Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
    Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
    Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by aa06a47 View Post
      Congratulations!!!! we started this journey about the same time. I know for me it was a great feeling to know the trustee has moved on to fish in another pond. Unless I stir up a wave or two, he won't come back to fish in my pond again!!!!!
      Great analogy, aa - so true! I should have a t-shirt made....NO FISHING ALLOWED HERE!

Glad you got to keep contributing to your 401k plan. My plan only had 2 or 3% to contribute. Since my employeer has started matching contributions again, I'm trying to skimp and contribute 5% (they match up to 5%). It is difficult, but makes a big difference quickly.
      Yes, we're glad that objection sorted out in our favor too. Since we don't have 20-30 more years to get it together for retirement, this truly was a blessing for us! Glad you are able to throw a few more dollars into your retirement now too, aa - good for you!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

question

Now that you have been confirmed, if I understand it right, you are paying an additional amount per month to satisfy the objections you had. My question is that since you were making payments for 15 months at presumably a lower rate, do you have to make up the difference? I'm curious because my lawyer is proposing a $1100 payment, but I have a feeling the trustee won't necessarily go for our high medical deductibles and transportation costs, so will probably up it to $1500 or so. I have to make the $1100 payment until it confirms, but if it goes higher after confirmation, I'm wondering if I have to make the higher payment plus pay the difference for the months I've been making the lower payment, and you seemed like a good person to ask since you've been making payments for over a year and now have confirmed at a higher payment rate. Thanks in advance!
        Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
        Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Yay! Congrats!!!!
          Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
          Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
          Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
          11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Congratulations Irprn!!!!!!! It seems like it has taken forever..
            (Glad to have you in the Confirmed Club)
            sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by woeisme View Post
              My question is that since you were making payments for 15 months at presumably a lower rate, do you have to make up the difference? ... I'm wondering if I have to make the higher payment plus pay the difference for the months I've been making the lower payment...
              We do have to make up the difference between our original payment we paid for 16 months and the confirmed payment amount we will pay over the remaining 41 months of our plan.

However, our lawyer explained to us that the trustee calculated the shortfall for the first 16 months and making it up will be spread out over the remaining months of our plan. Our new confirmed payment includes making up the shortfall for the first 16 months.

Let me know if this is clear as mud, ok?
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED

Comment

Thanks, everyone - your warm well wishes and congratulations mean more than you will ever know! Hubby and I are still pinching each other to make certain we didn't dream seeing our confirmation on PACER! lol!

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED

Comment

Congratulations!!!

That is so exciting! I know exactly how you have felt all these months and to know that you finally have that confirmation...What a relief!

We're SUPPOSE to go next week (after 14 months) but my lawyer today told me, don't count on it. He said the trustee won't even look at our file until Monday and then he probably will say he didn't have the time to look at it so...

The real crummy part is that we only have a 2 week window of opportunity to take advantage of my husband's new benefits. It would save us at least $200 a month but if we go with it before we're confirmed, then the trustee will say oh, you have an extra $200 a month so I'll take that. Instead if we could get that extra savings I would be able to put that aside for fixing the million problems with the house, ie, leaky shower, rotted windows, etc. So if you guys could say a prayer that we can get confirmed next week, that would be sooooo great!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS! I am really so very happy for you. And you've been so kind and helpful to me. I appreciate it greatly.

God Bless you and your family!!

Comment

Originally posted by sophie View Post
                    We're SUPPOSE to go next week (after 14 months) but my lawyer today told me, don't count on it. He said the trustee won't even look at our file until Monday and then he probably will say he didn't have the time to look at it so...
                    It's so hard to wait that out, Sophie. I hope that your case is confirmed very soon. Prayers are going up to ask for help with your dilemma and God bless you and your family as well!

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED

Comment

Congrats Lrprn!
                      Couldn't Have Happened To A Nicer Person!
                      Good Luck With The Rest Of It!
                      <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
                      FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Sorry Irprn, I just saw this!! CONGRATS!!! We're very happy for you!! finally, you can relax :-)
                        Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
                        CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
                        Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X