top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the trustee make payments every month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the trustee make payments every month?

My trustee hasn't made a payment to any creditor since July. There is over $3,000 sitting in my account right now. Is this unusual?

In case it makes any difference, I wasn't confirmed until last month. And prior to that, the only payments he made were for the attorney and the adequate protection payments.
    I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Thats strange, my trustee makes payments like clockwork. Maybe the office, or whoever is in charge of reporting to 13datacenter is not reporting it. They have to go in there and make the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny View Post
      My trustee hasn't made a payment to any creditor since July. There is over $3,000 sitting in my account right now. Is this unusual?

In case it makes any difference, I wasn't confirmed until last month. And prior to that, the only payments he made were for the attorney and the adequate protection payments.
      It's not unheard of, especially when you haven't been confirmed yet. The trustee is going to pay secureds like cars in full, then priority like IRS taxes in full, then special (if any) in full, then lastly the non-secureds will get the crumbs they can until discharge or the end of your plan, whichever comes first.

Our trustee had to get special permission from our bk judge to pay our car payments since we weren't confirmed. We've been in our plan for 15 months now and only our cars, the trustee, and our lawyer have seen a penny.

Your disbursements should start now that your case is confirmed. Most trustees make their disbursements on the last day business day of the month. Check your trustee's website later next week and see if the payments have started. If not, ask you lawyer to find out when the payments will start.
      Last edited by lrprn; 09-29-2007, 08:21 PM.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

There are a couple of times during the last 4 years where my trustee didn't make any dispersements for 2 months. I can see in my 13datacenter account ledger where it shows I made a payment on time for one month, but nothing was dispersed until the next month after the next payment came in.

I'm kind of annoyed right now. I sent in my last payment (9/17) and it is credited to my account, but no dispersement has been made yet. On average, dispersement is made 5 days later. I wonder if it has anything to do with my requesting an early pay off...
        Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
        Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
        Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
        11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Originally posted by Granny View Post

Well, before we were confirmed our money just sat there. NO ONE got any money, not even the lawyer. Also, our cars didn't get paid on for the entire time we were unconfirmed. We had built up to over 14,000 by the time they confirmed us. Then that next month, WHOOOSHHH. Trustee disbursed every penny of the amount. First of course the lawyers and fees. Then our 2 vehicles and the student loan. Sure did take a big chunk at once and made it look like we were finally making progress. After that, some months there has been a penny leftover, never more

Congrats on getting confirmed. Can't wait until you get to make a post that your case is over too.
          Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
          Plan approved- 7/11/05
          Date discharged--10-12-2007
          Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Originally posted by arkienurse View Post
            Well, before we were confirmed our money just sat there. NO ONE got any money, not even the lawyer. Also, our cars didn't get paid on for the entire time we were unconfirmed. We had built up to over 14,000 by the time they confirmed us. Then that next month, WHOOOSHHH. Trustee disbursed every penny of the amount. First of course the lawyers and fees. Then our 2 vehicles and the student loan. Sure did take a big chunk at once and made it look like we were finally making progress. After that, some months there has been a penny leftover, never more

Congrats on getting confirmed. Can't wait until you get to make a post that your case is over too.
            Pshaw, that'll be a long wait.

And Arkienurse, BIG Congrats on closing. Long time coming and well deserved.

But thanks to all for the feedback. I was getting worried. I think some of it has to do with the IRS. I know I owe taxes for the business and allowed for it in the BK, but the IRS never made the connection and they are now past their bar date. I need for them to assess the trust fund penalty to me instead of leaving it as a company liability.
            Last edited by Granny; 09-30-2007, 02:56 PM.
            I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

My trustee accumulated money until my plan was confirmed. It was confirmed sometime in June, and Aug 1 was the first day he dispursed funds (except to the attorney )
              Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
              Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
              Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Same with me. As soon as I was confirmed, my trustee started making monthly payments.
                sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

For some reason, my trustee didn't make any payments to my creditors in August 2007. Don't know what the deal was.

Comment

Originally posted by cubfan300 View Post
                    For some reason, my trustee didn't make any payments to my creditors in August 2007. Don't know what the deal was.
                    My trustee only cuts checks once per month...1st of the month. There is a 15 day "hold" on my checks when he receives them. My payments are due at the beginning of the month so the 15 days has already expired by the 1st of the next month. I am curious if sometimes the 15 business day hold keeps the trustee from sending payment for those who have payments due near the middle of the month?

Anyway, if your payment is posted to the trustee, it isn't something I would worry about when the trustee pays the creditors..
                    Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
                    Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
                    Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X