top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freaking Out! How Do I File A Hardship? Or what can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaking Out! How Do I File A Hardship? Or what can I do?

We got a letter today saying that we are 3 months behind and that the last payment they recieved was september 27, 2007. I am confused as to what payments we are missing, there was nothing in the letter that stated what payments were missing.

We have paid more into our plan that what was initilly asked for because of tax returns! We went from 21% to 44%- we have paid 15k into a 32k plan.

I feel so lost, I have 28 days to come up with $900 plus another $300 for my october payment!

I feel like they want us to fail, I am at a loss!!!

I am confused. Is this a letter from the trustee stating that you are 3 payments behind? Do you have MO receipts or canceled checks to prove that perhaps you sent in the payments but they were not posted to your account? I would be calling your lawyer first thing tomorrow to get the scoop. If you really are 900 in arrears with your plan, then if you don't come up with the payments, the trustee will dismiss your case and you will be back to square one with all your creditors.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn View Post
      We got a letter today saying that we are 3 months behind and that the last payment they recieved was september 27, 2007. I am confused as to what payments we are missing, there was nothing in the letter that stated what payments were missing.

We have paid more into our plan that what was initilly asked for because of tax returns! We went from 21% to 44%- we have paid 15k into a 32k plan.

I feel so lost, I have 28 days to come up with $900 plus another $300 for my october payment!

I feel like they want us to fail, I am at a loss!!!
      If the last payment was September 27th...this is just October....how does that equate to 3 months behind? Do you pay with a check, money order...?
      Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
      Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
      Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I pay by money order. I am confused as well. I am freaking out and not sure what is going on, but we have been paying.

Comment

This letter has really taken us by surprise, and we are not sure of what to do.

Comment

ok, so I went to NDC and looks like some payments we made close to the end of the month and the first one that skips is in 06, then two this past year. I had no idea, I know we are sending money and I honestly thought that we paid all of them up to date. Now I have to come up with 900 dollars in 28 days. How am I going to do that?

I cannot stop crying, I have no groceries, I cannot go to the doctor because I owe him $140 in co-payments and I have a heart and lung condition that requires me to see him, but they wont see me because of what I owe. I am almost $200 in the negative in my bank. I am so screwed, suicide really sounds good sometimes, or at least I can understand why people do it.

Comment

did you file with an attorney? Perhaps he can look at your plan and see if a something can be worked out with the trustee. I think that if you have been making payments they are more willing to work with those who are into their plan more than 1 year or so. (just my opinion, have no fact to back it up) But I would start there.

The hopelessness you are feeling right now is understandable. Hopefully you have someone you can turn to to talk to that can help you get over this hump. I have been where you are at and found that just spilling it all out and crying somehow seems to help me figure out the next step to take.

But I would be camped in my attorney's office letting them know that there is no way you can come up with this money in that short amount of time and see what solutions he can offer. Perhaps a conversion is possible, but not sure about your reasons for filing a chapter 13 to begin with.

But take a deep breath and try to make it through tonight and then call your attorney in the am. If you filed pro se, I would be calling the trustee's office about modifying your plan to make up the missed payments.

keep us posted and hang in there.

Comment

Get all of your receipts together and compare to what is on the Data Center. If some are not listed, call your attorney. If you need to file a hardship you need to call him anyway. Things can't get fixed unless you call him. (((hugs)))
                ~Chapter 13 "Old Law"~ per NDC SITE
                Filed: 6/04 * 341: 7/04 * Confirmed: 10/04 * Case Closed: 4/09 * Discharged: 6/09 *

Comment

This is what I got from my attny today:

Dear Jenn
                  I just received a copy of the notice today. Lets not rush into anything
                  today. I will try and access the trustee computer and investigate. Lets
                  try to talk this weekend or Monday.

Comment

I cannot stop crying, I have no groceries, I cannot go to the doctor because I owe him $140 in co-payments and I have a heart and lung condition that requires me to see him, but they wont see me because of what I owe. I am almost $200 in the negative in my bank. I am so screwed, suicide really sounds good sometimes, or at least I can understand why people do it.
                    Don't give up hope! I totally understand your frustration and despair. Please do not seriously consider something so drastic like suicide. I only say this because I lost my stepfather and another dear friend within the past 3 years, both to separate incidents of suicide. NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING is worth throwing away your life and destroying the lives of those around you! Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem and once you carry through with something like that, there is no changing your mind or coming back. I implore you to PLEASE not give up hope yet, my dear! I do know what it's like to feel like everything is totally hopeless and like you just want to give up altogether...I really do! But, suicide is NOT the answer. If you need a stranger's shoulder to cry on, please email me directly. I would be more than happy to simply lend an ear and to help you cope with your stresses as best I can. Chin up!!

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans..."

Comment

Jenn,

I know exactly how you feel. Except I really WAS behind on payments. My husband was working 7 days a week trying to catch up with them. After struggling for about 7 months, I decided to go ahead and have it converted (I was no longer working, had no car (except DH's but he makes more money than me) and I was pregnant to top it off.

I received the letter demanding I pay like $3000 or something like that. I called into the trustee's office and the lady gave me 3 months to make up the different (and remain current) so I ended up having an to pay extra each month for a few months. I also received something saying that it was "court ordered or would be dismissed".

I wouldn't fret too much about the letter as of yet. Just make sure you get in touch with your attorney (or trustee's office) and work out a plan or show proof of payments.

I think it will work out fine... even though it may stretch you thin. If nothing else, inquire about converting to a chapter 7.

Comment

Jenn,

Please don't give up! While I have not walked in your shoes, I do know what desperation and hopelessness feel like.

Are there resources in your community that you could access? A faith community perhaps? I know it is hard to ask, but I don't know of any human that hasn't needed a hand in one way or the other.

Sending prayers and hugs your way--

jane
                        Filed: 2/24/2006
                        341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                        Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Jenn, definatly get those thoughts of suicide out of your mind. Permanent solution to a temp problem. You may try and work out a payment plan to catch up with your trustee (do it through your attorney though). Face it, who will care in 20 years that you filed bankruptcy....the world will be without something special if your not in it.
                          Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
                          Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
                          Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I betcha once you sit down and go through everything that they have made a mistake! and even if they didn't then there will be some type of solution to come to. Even if they want the money and you have to stretch thin we can help you come up with creative ways to come up with the other things you need in the way of groceries, medications, etc. Things like AngelFood Network can be a huge help. Let me know if you want info on that. Also, you can get help with you medications through the drug companies and get info on that through your local pharmacy or the social worker at your local hospital. If there is anything that you are having a hard time with just ask and someone on here can point your toward the right resource.

I have also been touched by suicide in my life. It only creates problems for those left behind and solves nothing. Please please please send one of us a private message and we can give you our phone number if you need to speak to someone. Please you do not have to feel alone.

At the end of the day all this crap is just MONEY! Life is about so much more than money and finances although during a BK it seems that we become alsmost consumed with this aspect of our lives! But once this passes, life does become normal again and we can begin to obsess of about normal things again like food and fine men!! LOL!! (see I made you smile, right?) Hollar back it you want to talk.
                            Cindy
                            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

ok, so I went to NDC and looks like some payments we made close to the end of the month and the first one that skips is in 06, then two this past year. I had no idea, I know we are sending money and I honestly thought that we paid all of them up to date. Now I have to come up with 900 dollars in 28 days. How am I going to do that?

Hi jenn
                              my name is Chudney I have sent you a private message with a hopeful soultion to one of your issues. hope it helps let me know. Oh yeah chapter 7 convert it if you have to dont stress over thoses man made things. Honey, if you got them once you can get them again. I just finished my chapter 7 paper work today and I can feel the freedom. I gave up 2 new cars A house full of furniture and check this out even my husband wedding ring I owed on and a list of other things---its nothing and definetly not worth anyones life. I mean this is a learning experience I know that I will never get in the situation again and that I am happier debt free. Jenn Please Pray about it "I did" Just Pray 1 good time and put it in gods hands and let it go. and if you have a home you can reafim it to keep it, even a car if you want it .. just know you have options talk to your lawyer aswell.
                              Last edited by aachudneymiles; 10-24-2007, 11:20 PM.
                              *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
                              *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
                              *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
                              TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X