Status on 13Datacenter.com plus question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status on 13Datacenter.com plus question

Okay, first of all.. I decided to check 13datacenter.com and under the status it says: ABOUT TO CLOSE.

I assume my case is now awaiting close. Yay! I did, however, check pacer and looked at the status on there. There was no status update since 5/2004 and that said, "Awaiting discharge."

At anyrate, the early pay off money that I sent in has been disbursed. Further, it shows that the trustee has already taken his cut and there is now a balance on my account.

Here is my case summary information:

Case Status ABOUT TO CLOSE
    Balance on Hand $1,922.59
    Last Receipt Date 10/9/2007
    Last Receipt Amount $3,535.00
    Last Disbursement Date 10/26/2007

Percentage To Unsecured 0%
    Plan Base $26,388.00
    Total Paid into Plan $26,388.00
    Total Paid to all Parties $24,465.41
    Total Paid to Creditors $22,682.33

My question is the balance on hand. Apparently, as I look at the account ledger, it shows that all monies have been paid out. I think. Does the balance on hand mean that I've overpaid that amount and will receive it as a "refund?" If so, that'd be SWEET! I can maybe go out and treat my boyfriend to an ice cream.

Also, another question. The status, "About to close." Even though it is showing on 13datacenter.com, nothing is "official" until it shows on Pacer, correct?

As you can tell, I'm REALLY anxious!
    Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
    Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
    Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
    11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Don't worry about PACER, pacer won't update until something actually happens...i.e. like the discharge being entered, etc.

If there is an overpayment, then you will get a refund. However, I don't know that you can count on the Balance on Hand as that amount.

Comment

Chpxiii,

I can't wait to see my fille with the words "about to close". Just wanted to say congrats.
      sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post

If there is an overpayment, then you will get a refund. However, I don't know that you can count on the Balance on Hand as that amount.
        This happened with a couple other people that paid off early. They paid more than what was required.

The Trustee gives you an early pay-off figure, but it's not necessarily accurate. Interest, fees, and such, can impact the final total. And the $$$ amount currently showing as excess may not necessarily be the $$$ amount you get in refund.

Now, the Trustee will do a Final Audit of your plan. How much monies came in. How much monies were paid out and to who. Once that's all said and done, you'll get your refund, Discharge, and your case can be Closed. That can take a couple of months. Maybe longer.

Just have to be patient a little longer.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Just wanted to say congratulations again and that you are one day closer to having this totally over.

Hopefully you will get that money back. Please let us know what happens, so the rest of 13'ers will know what happens.

By my calculations I will be done in November 2008, but it looks like to my attorney I will be in two more years. I am awaiting a payoff amount any day now.
          ~Chapter 13 "Old Law"~ per NDC SITE
          Filed: 6/04 * 341: 7/04 * Confirmed: 10/04 * Case Closed: 4/09 * Discharged: 6/09 *

Comment

Originally posted by kcsmom76 View Post
            By my calculations I will be done in November 2008, but it looks like to my attorney I will be in two more years. I am awaiting a payoff amount any day now.
            Can I ask...why such a disparity?
            Isnt there a set amount of time that you make payments?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple View Post
              Can I ask...why such a disparity?
              Isnt there a set amount of time that you make payments?
              That is what I thought. That is why I am requesting a payoff. We were set at 48 or so I thought.

I don't know if it has anything to do with our secured items or not. Because they still accrue interest even in Chapter 13.
              ~Chapter 13 "Old Law"~ per NDC SITE
              Filed: 6/04 * 341: 7/04 * Confirmed: 10/04 * Case Closed: 4/09 * Discharged: 6/09 *

Comment

Newbie here

Hey to all. I'm a newbie to this site. Just discovered it yesterday. I checked the 13DataCenter and am confused as well.
                We are in a 60 mos chapter 13 plan which began in Oct 05.

the claim summary only lists secured creditors, it says percentage unsecured = 0%.

Under the payment history, it shows every payment of mine to date, and disbursements to all of the secured and priority creditors. It appears all secured and priority creditors have been paid off in full, with the exception of 1 in the amount of $672.

Our payment is $680/mo. We are only 2 years into the 5 yr plan. The last disbursement shown was on 7/11/07. The balance of the account to date is $4319.23.

Strange........................ Anyone have any ideas about what might be going on, or have you run into a similar situation? Why wouldn't any unsecured creditors be listed, and why wouldn't there be any disbursements since 7/07? There were monthly disbursements up until that date, and each payment I have made up through 10/23/07 is credited as well, so it appears this is current information.

thanks
                K
                Last edited by krielly; 10-30-2007, 05:14 AM.
                You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Welcome to BK Forum, krielly - glad you found us!

I can think of two possibilities here:

Number 1 - Your payments are disbursed by your trustee in a very specific order. AFter your trustee pays him/herself, your lawyer, and any support payments, next secured loans like your car are paid in full. Next priority claims like the IRS are paid in full, and last of all the nonsecureds that made claims are paid until your plan finishes or they are paid 100% - whichever comes first. Your trustee may have just started paying your non-secured creditors.

Number 2 - Your original Ch 13 plan is set up like all of your non-secured creditors will file claims. In reality, most of the time at least a few non-secured creditors don't. It could be that you're one of the lucky ones and only a few of your non-secured creditors filed claims. That means your monthly payment goes a long way to paying off the non-secured creditors that did make claims. It could be that you'll actually pay off all the creditors that did make claims before your plan is due to finish. Check with your lawyer to be certain though - this is just a guess on my part.

Would love to hear what you find out from your lawyer about this - keep us posted, ok? And again, welcome to the forum!
                  I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                  06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                  07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                  10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                  01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                  09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                  06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                  08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                  Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

well, the strange thing is, on the claim summary, only priority & secured claims are listed. There are NO unsecured claims listed.

On the case summary page, under "% unsecured, it says "0".

seems so odd that regular monthly payments were disbursed to secured/priority claims up until 7/11........then nothing............
                    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                      Now, the Trustee will do a Final Audit of your plan. How much monies came in. How much monies were paid out and to who. Once that's all said and done, you'll get your refund, Discharge, and your case can be Closed. That can take a couple of months. Maybe longer.

Just have to be patient a little longer.
                      SF, yeah... I was in the car the other day and I thought of the perfect term for this period in time, and for the "60 day club" for Chpt. 7ers.

Purgatory.

hehe!

When I called asking for the pay off they said I could hear something as soon as early November, but I realize an audit needs to be made. I'll update peeps as soon as I hear something.

Thank you for the support.
                      11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Thanks. Long story short, I just got an email from the trustee that said:
                        "The reason no money has gone out recently is that all of the secured and priority creditors are paid and we have not completely finished processing the unsecured claims. Once all the claims are reviewed and any objections resolved, that is when we will start paying the unsecured creditors.
                        I hope that answers all of the questions."
                        I'm also very glad I registered w/Pacer. I pointed out to the trustee that upon reviewing the claims register for proof of claims filed by creditors, I found a duplicate recording for the same account, and also noticed a creditor was listed that filed after the deadline. So glad I picked up on that, as I don't think anyone else had! The trustee has asked my attorney if he wanted to file an objection (for the late filing by the creditor), or did he want the trustees office to do it. He also copied one of his staff and told her to watch for the duplication when she does the review. There's definitely something to be said for monitoring your own case, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by krielly View Post
                          There's definitely something to be said for monitoring your own case, I guess.
                          Regardless of all the people we hire in our lives to do things for us, ultimately we're responsible. This applies to anything in our lives. I don't know how many times I've come across a situation where if I had not been keeping up with things something would have been overlooked, done improperly, or whatever.

Good job on finding those creditors, krielly!
                          11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X