X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on wrecked vehicle

here is the original post.

Quick summary:
    On old law Ch13. Truck on plan. Truck was wrecked (not our fault) and total loss. So the battle begins w/insurance vs trustee vs Ford.

Insurance (begins with S ends in Farms) gave us a settlement that would pay off the bk and leave a little for new vehicle. Well, they want the title of course, to dispose the truck. So they wanted to make the check to me and Ford and then Ford turn over the title. Ford is drooling, thinking, well then you owe us so much money (can't remember the exact figure), which was more than the bk ! Then we would have to reamend our plan to remove Ford out of it. Well, after contacting our lawyer, he says sorry, no longer doing bk cases. Trustee says he can do that b/c under old law he is no longer committed to us after confirmation of plan. (BTW: trustee was a worthless as t!ts on a bull! all she would say: you need to call Ford. We should all become trustees! easy job) So when we contact a lawyer in our town, they say sorry, you filed under a different district and will have to find a lawyer in that district (like 4 hours away!). So back to insurance, we tell them "look, give us the settlement, we pay off bk (it's after 36 mon marker), as soon as Ford sends us the title, we will give it you. But this could take 3 months." Insurance baulks, says no, we need the title sooner. Dh says fine, we'll contact a laywer and drag this out even longer. Insurance caves and agrees to give us the amount to pay off the bk and hold the remaining balance until they get the title from Ford. We agree to it b/c 1: it pays off the bk and 2: We don't have to hire a lawyer. kind of sucks b/c now we have to wait up to 3 months for the remainder which is what we need to put down on another vehicle. So we be a one vehicle family for a few months.

Good news is our bk is paid off 13 months early !!! Finally will have that monkey off our back !!

I know this is long, but hopefully it will help someone in the future who is our boat.

Thanks !!! and soon I'll be able to move down to the "after discharge" boards !!!!

lori

Great!

Good news is our bk is paid off 13 months early !!! Finally will have that monkey off our back !!
    I know this is long, but hopefully it will help someone in the future who is our boat.
    Thanks !!! and soon I'll be able to move down to the "after discharge" boards !!!!

That is awesome news, big PAT on the back for making through a 13 for sure!

Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Insurance gave us the "payoff" check !! Now we're going to overnight FINAL payment to trustee and start the discharge processes !! Can't wait for this to be over !!

Comment

Originally posted by tater71 View Post
        Insurance gave us the "payoff" check !! Now we're going to overnight FINAL payment to trustee and start the discharge processes !! Can't wait for this to be over !!
        I hate to be the possible party pooper here, but has your lawyer checked with your trustee to find out what your early payoff amount is and if you'll be allowed to pay off early?

If you filed without a lawyer, then did you check with your trustee yourselves to find out what the actual early payoff amount is?

It isn't necessarily what you see when looking at your case on 13 Data Center or what you get by just adding up your payments left. Better ask your trustee to provide a payoff amount if you haven't already.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget