supposed check from Bush!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supposed check from Bush!

I'm hearing a lot of talk about congress trying to pass this thing about starting the economy and giving us all checks which would come separately from our regular refunds.

big question! will any of us even be allowed to KEEP it HA HA HA
    12/19/06 Chapter 13
    1/22/07 341 Meeting
    3/5/07 Confirmation Hearing Continued
    6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

I would think so!
    Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
    341 Meeting July 19, 2007
    Discharged September 17, 2007
    Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

what income bracket would the checks be going to. what are the requirements?
      Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

It wont be Bush giving out the checks, it will be us!! I will happly spend the check but I dont think its going to be good for in the long run.

Comment

nah, its a short term... go out to dinner and pay some unexpected bills. This check thing was a joke the last time, and it will be the same this time.

What they need to be doing is trying to get some of these people from BK's, and foreclosing on their houses. Do you think giving someone $800 is going to stop them from a BK...? shoooot.... not!!
          NotFun
          Filed: 10/31/2007
          341: 12/05/2007
          Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

Comment

yeah but will we be able to KEEP it or will the trustee swoop down and take it from us
            12/19/06 Chapter 13
            1/22/07 341 Meeting
            3/5/07 Confirmation Hearing Continued
            6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Originally posted by familyof7 View Post
              what income bracket would the checks be going to. what are the requirements?

At this point it's all guesswork, but the latest I heard is people in the low to mid income range with a maximum yearly income of no more than $150,000. As with past tax rebates, the rebates go to taxpayers who filed the previous year they just are not sent to everyone in the US. Since these checks will be sent out late spring, it will probably involve the taxpayers who filed 2007 taxes. I also heard the checks may be $800 for an individual, $1600 for a family. If you are in CHapter 13 now you can bet those funds will be affected by your Plan so next time you talk to your attorney, find out how those will be handled so you are not in for a surprise and know what will or will not be done as to your Plan.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I need to see it believe and cash it !
                July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X