what is it like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is it like

In the courtroom? How long will it take? My att wants me there even though I dont think Im required.

When we went there were 10 or 12 people with their attorneys. The judge called each one and asked a few questions. On our case, we had claimed 10% of net income for tithing. He asked what church, and for how long we had been donating. We told him church name and amount of years. He allowed that wxpense. He asked how we accumulated debt, told him medical bills, and I lost a job for six months, and we fell too far behind. Asked for our tax returns for last two years and that was it. Took 5 minutes.

Comment

It's a quiet, informal interview by the Trustee......
      He may ask for certain documents and go over some existing documents with you.

Just standard procedures....

Average interview lasts about 5 minutes.

AND YES, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND....... whether you have an attorney or not......
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Don't miss your 341 unless someone is dead or dying (that "someone" being YOU).

Missing your meeting of the creditors is grounds for dismissal.

bad bad bad!!!!!
        You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I already did the 341..I meant the confirmation hearing

Comment

Originally posted by buchanj View Post
            In the courtroom? How long will it take? My att wants me there even though I dont think Im required.
            It's not as bad as you think. We were required to be there. You will be there along with other individuals and couples all filing BK. Show up prior to the time given you to check in, etc. and you will be advised when to go into the Courtroom. When we went into the Courtroom there were many individuals and couples waiting their turn with the Trustee and their attorney which is more than likely your attorney also as they are usually done in groups to correspond all at once with the same attorney. You will be able to listen to the other matters before you are called to the table. You will sit down with your attorney and the Trustee. There may or may not be creditors there or someone from the State tax office if you have back taxes due and owing. You will need identification which you will be advised to bring. The Trustee will ask you several questions depending upon your circumstances - your attorney should/will advise you before hand what may come up. Then it's over - maybe about 5 minutes. Others may have different scenarios but that was our experience. It was over and done with quickly.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X