Heads up on chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow will be the filing.
    Today I went to a bank, walked in and asked to talk to a loan officer. I said something like "would you loan me enough money to avoid bankruptcy? I have a dismal credit score and no collateral"? He said no, imagine that.
    Worth a shot. I knew going in the only way I was walking out with money was if I had a gun. And then my getaway car would be my newly purchased 20 year old station wagon.
    Serous question though, we are going to keep our newer car. How does it work if it don't last through the 60 months? Surely we can buy another one, otherwise we would be completely broke(er).

Comment

Cali,

We have USAA for auto, homeowners and our mortgage. We had no increase in our rates due to bankruptcy, we did have increases due to having an 18 yo and 20 yo. The 20 year old has had one ticket and 18, accident and ticket, so yes our rates have gone up, but really not too bad, I just make the kids pay the difference!! Good luck. Have had no problem with USAA at all and we had a $$$ cc with them that was included in the 13.

Comment

Originally posted by helpless View Post
        Cali,

We have USAA for auto, homeowners and our mortgage. We had no increase in our rates due to bankruptcy, we did have increases due to having an 18 yo and 20 yo. The 20 year old has had one ticket and 18, accident and ticket, so yes our rates have gone up, but really not too bad, I just make the kids pay the difference!! Good luck. Have had no problem with USAA at all and we had a $$$ cc with them that was included in the 13.
        Thank you.

USAA gave us a killer rate for full coverage on our vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by bentbad View Post
          Serous question though, we are going to keep our newer car. How does it work if it don't last through the 60 months? Surely we can buy another one, otherwise we would be completely broke(er).
          This is the reason I worked with my lawyer to keep my cars out of the plan. I will have two cars paid off in about 16 months and did not want to be stuck with these for 60. After I have them paid off, I can at least use their value to my advantage.
          Chapter 13 Filed: 12/3/07
          Payments: 2/60

Comment

We have had USAA for 25 years. Can't beat their rates. Just sucks to have teenagers that drive!!

Comment

Originally posted by isitreal View Post
              This is the reason I worked with my lawyer to keep my cars out of the plan. I will have two cars paid off in about 16 months and did not want to be stuck with these for 60. After I have them paid off, I can at least use their value to my advantage.
              I didn't know that keeping a vehicle out of the plan was an option. RRRRGGGG!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorMike View Post
                Our State Farm insurance went up!!! They saw the BK on our credit file and raised our rates...
                I've been with State Farm for 17 years in 3 different states and they have NEVER pulled my credit...neither hard nor soft pulls.

In fact my agent told me they only pull credit on the banking side of their company.

MajorMike, I wonder why they pulled your credit? Are you sure the rate increase wasn't because of a traffic ticket or possibly a late payment on your policy..(a very late payment could result in a lapse, which will result in a rate increase).

As far as addressing the OP, the best thing to do is get settled in with your 'companies' and plan to remain a loyal customer for the term of your BK. The will keep them from having to pull reports at all.
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X