No announcement yet.

WOW! Amex can be real JERKS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you've already considered this part, and maybe you really can't do much about it.

Won't you take a severe credit report hit for this? The last activity on that account will be years Post-BK. So the 7 year clock started when you filed, and the BK comes off 2 years after your plan. But then you have this AMEX thing hanging over with you and if they report negatives that's ANOTHER 7 years. I'd make sure that you get the wording to be used on their reporting so that it's something neutral instead of Settled or Charged Off.
    Chapter 13 on the horizon
    My Chapter 13 Journey Blog

Comment

They settled for $5,000....
      $250 a month for 20 months 30 days out of discharge....
      I'm glad I countered. I saved $2K.
      Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
      CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
      Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by jwbbx View Post
        Maybe you've already considered this part, and maybe you really can't do much about it.

Won't you take a severe credit report hit for this? The last activity on that account will be years Post-BK. So the 7 year clock started when you filed, and the BK comes off 2 years after your plan. But then you have this AMEX thing hanging over with you and if they report negatives that's ANOTHER 7 years. I'd make sure that you get the wording to be used on their reporting so that it's something neutral instead of Settled or Charged Off.
        Nope, it doesn't go on my credit. We took care of that.
        Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
        CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
        Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X