top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit excited.. It's starting to feel real.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit excited.. It's starting to feel real.

Last night I got a package from my Trustee with all sorts of info. I was really EXCITED. I did, however, notice that it was the ONE trustee that I didn't really want to draw, because he has extra "above and beyond" requirements... such as a required orientation. Bleh. But as I read through the information and letters I found myself warming up to him. He seems to actually have a soul. lol. At the end of the packet there is even a section for letters of recommendation for credit. He says he will gladly provide you one at the end of your plan. I am just starting to get a really good feeling about this. I know it's a large monthly payment, but I am beginning to really think that I can accomplish it. I WANT to pay back my debt, I think that's what a lot of people aren't getting. I am happy with paying back what I owe. I would not feel right if it all just went away and so Ch. 13 is the way for me. My 341 is scheduled for 8/22 and my confirmation is set for some day in September that I can't remember off the top of my head. Wish me luck. I got the 341 info off Pacer... I finally got my registration stuff yesterday, which is also VERY cool. So far my attorney and one unsecured has filed claim.
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

We have a good trustee, too. He actually told our atty to go back and recalculate. he felt there was something wrong (something I told our atty but he ignored). We went from $1400 a mo. to $800. Our atty didn't calculate in the amount of taxes we pay on our retirement money. Whew! Glad the trustee noticed! And you're lucky - you got the packet...we didn't get anything till after the meeting. Some of that stuff would've been nice to know ahead of time!

Comment

Yah, the orientation I was so upset about is a good thing too. It is held by his office and it's said to be about 2.5 hours of questions being answered. I think it will be good for me. Then maybe I can ask about the whole preggo situation and see what the trustee thinks I should do.
      Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
      Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
      60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

I can hear the excitement in your voice! Great news, and this makes me feel better about getting to a resolution point, also.
        "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
        6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
        8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
        9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X