Making more money during a 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making more money during a 13?

Whats the normal rule on deviating from your Bankruptcy plan wages? My company just gave me another raise, weeks before filing so things will go up. (first time I have ever gotten frustrated by pay raises) So I am guessing I am going to have to cut my hours over the next few weeks so my take home pay is the same. If I work more normal hours during the plan is there a range in which you can come up without getting in trouble?

Thanks
    Filed 10/20/08
    Discharged 1/27/09

in theory, any extra income you make is disposable income and the trustee can take to satisfy debts. In practice, it varies by trustee. Some monitor tax returns in search of such increases, others don't. At my 341 the agent for the trustee asked me if I expected any increases in income, I said I normally get 4% raises annually and was told the trustee only needed to be notified of "big" bonuses or "big"raises which my attorney clarified as being over 10% of my annual salary. your trustee could be much more strict or much more leinent, it's hard to say, you need to ask your lawyer and possibly the trustees office for clarification.
    Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
    Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Thanks for the response!
      Filed 10/20/08
      Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X