raise FICO during a chapter 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raise FICO during a chapter 13?

if you are not allowed any new credit during a 13 how can you raise your credit score while in it?
    filed 13 07-31-08
    confirmed 10-28-08
    33 payments down 3 to go

Make all your Plan payments, mortgage payments, utilities and any other payments on time and do not be late ever.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Acutally according to my paperwork and various other sources it states you not allowed to acquire new DEBT nothing about credit. There is a gray area. I asked my attorney about this and he also stated that technically if you use a credit card and pay off the amount that month without getting finance charges its not really debt. I thought the same thing. How can I get my score up while in it. Unbelieveably I was offered a pre apporved card 6 months into my plan and I applied and got it. $4000 CL. Go figure. Anyways, I use it every month for a total of about 20 dollars on a couple of lunches and then pay it right off. now, I only use it for lunches because I would have used cash anyways but I am trying to rebuild while in the plan. My fine print on my paperwork states I am not allowed to acquire 500 more debt which is nice if God forbid something comes up. My FICO scores depending on which one is 602-677 which I dont think is that bad and I am only in my 18 month of 60. Obviously not everyone is going to get a pre apporved but you could always use a secured card. Just make sure it reports. Good Luck.
      Filed - 3.12.07
      Confirmed - 5.25.07
      Payments So Far - 45/60

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X