HELP! USAA wont quit!! Is this legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! USAA wont quit!! Is this legal?

I posted this under the "collections" forum, but thought I'd also post here....USAA (our insurance), which we also have a credit card with that will be included in our BK for which we have set a filling date the second week of October, will not stop at anything!!

They call my parents, my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and everyone in between. I can understand my parents because we lived at their home for a brief period of time about 5 years ago, but the others live across the country.

Ironically, I spoke to both my sister-in-law and brother-in-law yesterday on the phone. They both recieved a phone call from USAA today. Is this legal.

We were going to file in August but my medical condition prohibited me from doing so since I was under heavy medication for several weeks and unable to do much of anything.

I am going crazy. I don't want all my family knowing what we are going through, it is bad enough on its own.

Any suggestions!!

Please, I'm desparate!!

Yes, it's legal insofar as they don't talk about your actual debt. They may call everyone who knows you or could have known you, to find you. Have you been returning WaMu's calls? If you had, they wouldn't be looking for you.

This is classic "skip tracing". This is where they link you to other folks, and then call them, looking for you. All your friends and family need to tell the creditor, is that they don't know where you are and to stop calling.

Now, if they're discussing your bills and threatening your friends and family with legal action and/or criminal complaints... then they've gone to far!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X