On credit report, how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On credit report, how long?

I know that a chapter 7 is on your credit report for 10 years, but how long is a chapter 13 on your credit report after you satisfy the 3 to 5 years of repayments?
    Retained my attorney 09.27.08
    Filing Ch. 7 02.23.09
    341 Meeting 03.25.09 :unsure
    Discharge 05.27.09

As far as I know - also ten years - unless the 2005 laws changed that.

Comment

A Chapter 13 stays on your credit report for 7 years from when it was filed. Nice thing is, if you have a 5 year plan, when you're done, you'll be just 2 years away from it falling off!

From Experian...

Q: How long will the accounts I included in my bankruptcy remain on my report?

A: Any account included in a bankruptcy remains on your personal credit report for a maximum of 7 years from the date the bankruptcy was filed. The bankruptcy itself, listed in the public record information section of a credit report, remains for either 7 years from the filing date if it was a Chapter 13, or 10 years from the filing date if it was a Chapter 7, 11 or 12.
      Last edited by justbroke; 09-18-2008, 07:54 AM.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That is good news...I was worrying about that (TOO!) among other unknowns.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X